Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I personally prefer Gwendolyn to Guinevere. Gwendolyn Ruth is the best combo. Gwendolyn Faith also works. Helen would have the same L problem as Glenda. Harriet seems like too many syllables with a long first name, but it might still work if you have a short last name.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus ???, Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Deirdre/Deidra "Dear" ???

I prefer the sound of Guinevere, but not the associations. I like Gwendolyn Harriet or Gwendolyn Ruth, though I prefer the Gwendolen spelling. I love the nickname Gwen.
    ~Mehri

I think Guinevere Glenda's spectacular, but if hubs isn't all on board let's go a-hunting!

Gwendolyn is lovely. I prefer Gwendolen, but that's because I'm in England, in Oz Gwendolyn will probably be perfectly fine!
    What I love about Gwendolyn:
    - Gwen feels like a more natural nickname here.
    - Gwendolen Fairfax from The Importance of Being Earnest and Gwendolen Harleth in Daniel Deronda.
    - supposedly there was a pretty cool warrior queen by this name, at least according to Geoffrey of Monmouth.
    - Sir Walter Scott (Scottish poet) wrote a poem about King Arthur and his illegitimate daughter by a faery lady named Guendolene.

Gwendolyn Glinda? I feel that eases up on the alliteration a bit. Gwendolyn Harriet's cute, Gwendolyn Helen is lovely as well.

Other Gwen names:
    Genevera
    Guendolene
    Gwendolena
    Gwendoline (the opera by Chabrier)
    Gwenifer
    Gwenllian
    Gwennan
    Gwenola
    Gwenonwy (lily of the valley)
    Gwenore
    Gwenyvere
    Jenevere/Jenevera
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Gwendolyn Ruth is gorgeous! I prefer this spelling and think it's an accepted variant, sort of like Catherine and Katherine.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I really prefer Gwendolyn... i think it's a lot easier to live with, and Guinevere sounds too much like Jennifer. And lets be honest, Jennifer is BORING.
    I like Ruth or Faith as middles
    Mikayla

mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    Nova Felicity OR Mason Phoenix