Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post Ashleyjuliette is curious. Please share

I am curious as to what Your current boy name crushes are as of this week.
    What names have got you intrigued, inspired, sentimental, or captivated??

How often do your preferences change? It seems like one week I love Tobias, then Tobiah morphs into the even more uncommon Tobin, only for the next month to be an admiration for Quentin, Vince, or something not my "typical" style such as Jonah.

I am also curious if any of you berries write or "hoard" names and combo ideas anywhere besides cyberspace. An example, I write in an actual spiral bound notebook to save name ideas and meanings.

Please share your thoughts on any or all of these topics

This week my boys name crush is Finnur and certain other variations.

My tried and true name crush is Jeffrey. It's my dad's name and everytime I think about it my chest tightens up a little. The other names are always coming and going, though Nolan has been on my list for a little while now.

What usually keeps my interest in a name is picturing a person with that name graduatiing high school. If I feel that same tight chest feeling, I keep it.

I hoard my names on an excel sheet, which I sort by Origin, and then alphabetize, and color code by how much it would actually be used on a scale of light green (likely to be used) to dark green (not likely to be used).
    If you flip to the back of any of my notebooks from work, you'll see any name that struck my fancy written in cursive and print.
    xx - Claire Elisabeth Lynne - Juliet June - Abigail Margot -
    xy - Jeffrey Erich - Simon James - Regan Grant - Graham Elliot -

These week, I've been crushing on more Irish/Gaelic names. Declan, Brody, Rory, Seamus, and Ronan especially. I also have been crushing on old Bible favorites, Daniel, Noah, Micah, and Judah, lately. Declan and Brody are on my list, Daniel will probably be added, and I'm still tossing around Rory and Judah as options--I'm not sure where I'll stand with them. I suppose we'll see.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

For the most part, the names I like don't change much. I constantly evaluate names for potential future use, and I often reconsider names I've loved or hated before. Sometimes a name (like Hugo) will grow on me until I come to love it. Other times I will love a name briefly before a) deciding it isn't so great, b) having it rendered unusable for some reason, and/or c) realizing that while I'd love for someone else to give their child the name (like Rafferty), I just cannot see using it myself. Of course, occasionally I love a name that my husband rejects (such as Levi or Persephone).
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice