Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rosalie nn Sally...too much of a stretch?

I'm loving the name Sally but Sarah is way too common for me and I don't know if I'd want to use Sally as a full first name (what do you guys think?) Someone suggested Rosalie to me which I love but I don't know if the nickname Sally is too much of a stretch. Thoughts? Sister would be Beatrice nn Betty
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I think it is too much of a stretch, yes. Maybe other berries have suggestions for names to get to nn Sally?
    New username is @ truenature

No it's not too much of a stretch.
    It just seems that way as Rose and Rosie tend to be the nn the name more easily lends itself to

Sally is not my style at all, but Rosalie is lovely, and I find the idea of Sally as a nickname for Rosalie quite clever and fresh. Go for it!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I think it's wayyyyyy too much of a stretch.

I'd suggest Salma or Salome. Both are great names that can be a bit more 'mature' than Sally if she prefers something more serious as an adult.
    Current loves:
    Opal | Saffron
    Winslow | Hopper