Names Searched Right Now:

Looking for names for my main characters

My story is set in a fantasy world, but I would prefer the names to be slightly unusual and not too exotic. In this world, a hundred or so years ago, the race of Mages, which are basically witches and wizards who can control the four elements Air, Water, Earth and Fire each, have all vanished after the Great War, which started between the Water and Fire Races but slowly evolved such that it took many lives. For a century, the mortals have lived in peace with the illusion that there are no more mages left living in their world. After the Great War, the capital city of Concordia rises from the ashes. The new King and his descendants preside over the country from Concordia.

Unbeknownst to the civilians of the country, however, Mages do live in secret within the city of Concordia, but only a small number of them are left, and the four different races of Mages are separated from each other. Interaction with other races is frowned upon in the Mage society.

There are three political groups within the Mage community: the Council, which is a group of Mages that currently rule over the Mage community, and were the ones who discouraged Mages from interacting with Races different from theirs, due to the fact that they were fearful that war might break out again if the Mages were to meet. There is also the rebel group, a group made out of young Mages that plan to overthrow the Council as they firmly believe that the four races should one day unite. They share the same goal as the third and final political group, the dark Mages, who also plan to unite the four races, but only because they wish to conquer the entire country and make it their own.

Every century, there are four Mages born with a special ability, each from a different race. They are called the Gifted. I know my plot kind of sounds like Avatar, but I think it's a whole new different concept. When these four Mages are aged between 14 - 18 years old, they will have what the Mages call 'an Awakening", in which they will fully gain their power, which enables them to get this whole new supernatural power to do with their power type (e.g if it's a Gifted Air Mage, then he/she will possess the power Gale, which enables him/her to be like a wrecking ball of wind and cause tornadoes and crazy strong winds, something that the typical Air Mage can't do). My four characters are all Gifted, but behind the whole history of their Giftedness there is a dark secret lurking behind it...

#1 is a girl of about fourteen and a half years old. She has messy light blond hair, plain-Jane brown eyes which she despises and a petite figure. She's spirited, optimistic, mostly happy-go-lucky, has a sense of what's right and what's wrong and is impulsive. She's also very stubborn. She's an orphan and lives with her granduncle Wynter in a small village nearby a forest bordering Concordia. She's an Air Mage, but she doesn't know, due to some hidden secret that her parents wanted kept away from her. She's the love interest of #3's brother.

#2 is a lanky boy aged fifteen. He has chestnut-brown hair and kind of translucent green eyes. He's the childhood friend of #1. He has a sister, named Isolde. They're both orphans, and they live together with some distant second cousin in the Lady of the village's house, working as a servant. He's a Water Mage, but also doesn't know, since his parents died and there was no one to tell him. He's also the love interest of #3.

#3 is a girl of about fifteen with long, straight dark hair and slanted grey eyes. She has a willowy figure. She is very secretive, doesn't trust people easily, is mature, fiercely independent and very, very courageous. She is an orphan, the middle child in a family and has an elder brother aged seventeen/eighteen and a younger sister aged ten/eleven named December, nicknamed Ember. She is one of the most powerful young Mages, and is cared for by the Master of the Council, who is her guardian. She is a Fire Mage.

#4 is the character I'm not so sure about. I guess he's stubborn, being an Earth Mage, but I haven't exactly gotten down to developing him yet.

Okay.... originally I wanted to name #1 Aria, but then changed it to Nia, short for Lavinia, which I'm sticking with for the time being, but I'm not that sure. Also, I've come up with some names for #3, but I still think that these names don't exactlt fit her image. I wanted to use Rowan, but then I was thinking of using Arden, but a book I've read by Anna Carey has the same character with the same name, and the character also has short, dark hair, which I'm planning for #3 to have later in the story. I also like the name Aiden.

If you have any other suggestions, please comment! Also, I'm looking for a name for #3's brother as well! I was thinking Lennox, nickname Len. Thank you
    Last edited by cloudwanderer; September 7th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

Well, since your story is fantastical, I'm going to try to make the names sound that way too. But I am wretched at naming boys, so I won't even try....

Charna
    Andromeda
    Kaeli
    Enid
    Cyra
    Illyria
    Juniper
    Willow
    Astra
    Star
    Gaia
    Freya
    Adair
    Aura
    Aphrodesia
    Cassiopeia
    Luna
    Celestia
    Demetria
    Sidra
    Hyacinth
    Isadora
    Xanthene
    Ceridwen
    Lyra
    Amethyst
    Thalia
    Winter
    Spring
    Daphne
    Zora
    NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future journalist.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Cora, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Rose, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt