Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    The name isn't for me but I prefer it with the Makenna spelling. Mc/Mac are too "son of" for a girl and phonetically, Makenna makes the most sense since I never actually hear "MC"kenna, only "muh"kenna.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

I honestly don't like that style of name at all. Any of the Mckenna, Makenzie, Mckinley, Mc...anything or Mak...anything.
    They're very trendy feeling and the multitude of spellings make them really tacky feeling to me--no true history or class.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I know a little girl with the name, Makenna. I like this spelling even though McKenna is more popular.

I think any name that starts with Mc anything is kind of chavvy. I think all the names you mention are very pretty, but I associate them with people who are simpler and less educated just because of knowing people with those names that are way less than ivy league educated. So am I, but do I want my name to indicate that?

It's not always the case, but as a general rule. I can like the sound of a name all day but when it comes to naming somebody I don't want them being disadvantages by a negative association. Sadly, classism and racism are things my children will have to deal with since I haven't got millions and don't run a large business so they never have to go into the big bad world.

My middle name is McKenzie (it's my grandma's maiden name) and I love it. My little sister's name is Makenna (we pronounce it 'muh-kenna') and that's my preferred spelling. I only ever call her Kenny, though. I can say first hand that Makenna is a great name for a little girl, with nicknames like Kenna, Kenny, Ken, and Kennalee.
    Last edited by mfberry; September 8th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
    Madison McKenzie

Leonidas Mercer (Leos), Prescott Wolfram, William Lawrence, Abram Athens, Henry Frederic, Thomas Dresden, Aleksander Jerusalem, Christopher Holden, Jonathon Day, Vincent Rory, Louis Rial, Carson Noah

Eleonora Magdalena, Vera November, Ivana Colette, Emilia Isobel, Alivia Marigold, Eliza Annika, Leola Ethel, Cecelia Jane, Romilly Elliana, Loretta Maeve, McKenna Addison

Guilty Pleasures: Percy James, Avalon Prosper (Aavie)