Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pippa vs Tilda

Thanks for the replies everyone! It's funny, I never cared for Tilda until I had this darling little girl in my class. It is so absolutely adorable on her. I do like Matilda, but I like the initial T. And if we were to have another girl I'd want to name her Margo, and I don't want to repeat initials. I don't like Philippa at all, and I think Pippa can stand alone. My Dash is a Dashiell and is so rarely called that, I don't feel like it's necessary to use a longer form that I don't like just to have the nickname.

dantea, thanks for the Twyla suggestion. My husband shot it down, but I think it's really cool and I'm going to think on it a bit more. More suggestions are welcome!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

LOVE Matilda and Philippa. If you're talking Tilda or Pippa only; I'd go Pippa. GL!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

I much prefer Tilda. It's not nicknamey at all, it's got the world's coolest namesake (I adore miss Tilda Swinton) and it's got Matilda (the Roald Dahl book) as well. Pippa's boring, and I can't stand Pippa Middleton, and that is my first association with the name now. She's kind of a joke.

Other names I think fits your style:
    Cecily
    Flora
    Maia
    Polly
    Sally
    Tessa
    Zora
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Although I'm not a big fan of either name, I think Tilda would look good on a resume. Pippa has strong associations that are not to everyone's taste, especially for a resume. Tilly is cute, too.

I prefer Tilda. Matilda has the benefit of being a beloved children's character and a name that will age well. Plus, Tilda Swinton is such an amazing namesake. Tillie, Tilda, Tildy are all brilliant nicknames.