Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    How about the nn 'Phina' or Philly from Josephine?
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Personally, as a mother who went through the legal process of changing my daughter's name, I would encourage you to find a solution that doesn't involve changing her name legally. I would go with the previous suggestions of having her write her initials as EJVL or EJV or calling her by her middle name.

The legal name changing process can be long and expensive.. I know it depends on where you live. But just to throw it out there for you to think about, the state that I lived in had strict rules about changing a baby's name. Once a baby turned a certain age (I believe it was 1), you had to go in front a judge and state a case for why you wanted the child's name changed. They could then choose to accept or deny your case. The court only met on Friday's and there was also a pretty hefty legal fee. Not to mention having to get new social security card, birth certificate, changing medical records, changing her name on things like health insurance, day care, etc. We started the name changing process on our daughter when she was 3 weeks old and got everything straightened out just recently, when she is already one year old.

I would definitely not recommend you changing her name, especially at her age. But if you know that you are never going to be happy with her name, then I would definitely look into getting the process started. I would also recommend talking to some of your close friends and family and see if they have ever noticed that her initials are EVL - if they haven't noticed then it's safe to say that most people won't notice!

Btw- I think Emma Josephine is a beautiful name!
    Loving wife to my Cowboy
    Proud young mama of my Little Ladybug {8.2012}

I'm a bit surprised by all the people who readily agree that the poster should go with an entirely new name to deal with the initial issue. The child involved is not an infant-- she's over two years old, which means she can already speak, and depending on her abilities, have a conversation and understand basic verbal concepts. She certainly understands her own name at this point and that name is part of her identity. I think it would be jarring and potentially unhealthy for her to be called something entirely new. By all means switching the order of the names is fine (especially since you already call her Josie sometimes) but the idea of giving her a completely new first name is troubling.

I agree with the others that said you are way overthinking this. Her initials are EJVL or EJV, or maybe EJL. I've never come across a situation where you have to leave out the middle name from your initials, some people just do this out of personal preference.
    Favorite names at the moment:
    Simone Sage
    Andre Larion

Other names I like: Veronica Vivian Lydia Octavia Bianca Flora Zulima Augustine Elsa Avalon Zamora Carmina

Quote Originally Posted by rosierose View Post
    I'm a bit surprised by all the people who readily agree that the poster should go with an entirely new name to deal with the initial issue. The child involved is not an infant-- she's over two years old, which means she can already speak, and depending on her abilities, have a conversation and understand basic verbal concepts. She certainly understands her own name at this point and that name is part of her identity. I think it would be jarring and potentially unhealthy for her to be called something entirely new. By all means switching the order of the names is fine (especially since you already call her Josie sometimes) but the idea of giving her a completely new first name is troubling.
    Thanks I understand this. When it was pointed out to me that her initials were EVL (and I CANNOT believe this didn't occur to us prior and that is something I will have to live) I broke out into a sweat and thought I need to fix this! As I said at the start of this thread I do not want to create an identity issue for her, I am just looking for some possible suggestions and opinions which may help me find a solution to either tweak it so somehow she can still be ? Emma Josephine (if only you could spell Emma another way!) or leave it and try and come to terms with it. I know there are bigger problems in the world but naming a child is the one thing you have control of and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't think it through and at only 26 months two people have already tagged her name with something negative, might sound dramatic but it breaks my heart so I'm just trying to find a solution. (sorry for repeating myself)
    Last edited by tam123; September 8th, 2013 at 12:50 AM.