Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Signing initials really isn't that common. I mean, I mainly see it on contracts and stuff... Honestly. If she needs to sign her initials on some non legal document, she can come up with her own style initial- like the E, circled. But as I see it, her initials are perfectly acceptable as EJV.
    As far as monogramming, I much prefer the diamond shaped monogram which is a three-initial design, in which case I'd put EJV. (well, in the order EVJ, since the last initial is the largest in the design, in the middle spot). I understand that Van means something like 'of the'... Such as the o in O' Neil. But in English speaking systems, McDougal is filed under M (or if there are many, the Mc/mac drawer), O'Neil under the Os and Van Diver under the Vs.
    Honestly, her name is gorgeous, and I'd go ahead and go on a monogramming spree with the initials EJV. Set her up that way. Honestly I wouldn't even guess her initials weren't EJV.

I wonder if a name starting with an M would fit as Emma phonetically starts with an M.

If you like Jodie then this could be a nn for Josephine.

rollo

PS I have no idea what is wrong with her initials please enlighten me.
    Psalm 23

Personally, I don't think you're overreacting. I saw EVL and immediately got the problem - who wants someone to see their initials and think EVIL?! (Not everyone will see this, obviously, but an equal number of people probably will. As you said, it's already been brought up twice and she's only 26 months old!) I think the suggestion earlier of using Gemma was pretty inspired. Or simply transitioning to the middle name might be easier, since in that case you wouldn't have to worry about legally changing it. OR, as rollo said, using a name that starts with M could still give you the nickname of Emma or Em. If it really bothers you - and it clearly does! - you should change it now, before she gets any older.

You have good taste; Emma Josephine is great! But I can understand why you want to change it, so here are some more names I think you might like:

Avril (prn. like April)
    Ava
    Anna
    Cora
    Hazel
    Luna
    Lola
    Mara
    Stella
    Willa
    Vera

I think you like vintage names (I like vintage eccentric) so these are mostly from that style. Hope it helps! Good Luck : )
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Igantius-Jude Sebastian-Eli Augustine-Samuel Damian

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Maura Francesca

Charlotte-Freya-Elisabet-Haidée-Afton-Ishmael-Matthias-Farrow-Crispin-Percy

you could change it to Marie-Emma Josephine, still call her Emma or Josie. And (more or less) sanctify the element you or others perceive as EVL.