Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by casilda View Post
    *sigh* A child does not lose their identity just because they have a popular name.
    Sorry didn't mean it to come out that way. If I had my time again I would choose a popular name if I loved it but it just wouldn't start with an E!

It's entirely personal, but I don't think a person loses their identity because they share a name with an ancestor. At all. If you are already calling her Little Josie, then the answer seems clear-- if you are very worried about the EVL initials, change so that Josephine comes first. Anything else (a new name, etc.) is needlessly complicated when she is already walking, talking, and beginning to understand her own sense of self, as most two year olds are. A total name change to something never heard of before (to her) is much more jarring and identity-shaking than simply easing into using Josie, a name she is already familiar with and that is already a part of her name.

I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Ooh, also Matilda Josephine - you could call her 'M' or 'Emmy' for short, which would be easier to slip into more 'M' names (other than Mila, Millie and Maia that I already posted):
    Maisie Josephine
    Madeleine Josephine
    Magnolia Josephine
    Meg Josephine (my cousin is called Meg... I love it!)
    Miriam Josephine
    Mira Josephine
    Marcia Josephine
    Mae Josephine (I know a 2-year-old Mae who is just the cutest! Her name suits her so well)
    Margot Josephine
    Molly Josephine
    Best of luck!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

What do you call her by now? If you've disliked the name for this long I am assuming that you've been calling her by a pet name? Maybe you could build off of that, like if you've been calling her Honey you could go with Honora or Melitza? Gemma could be an easy transition, if Gemma Josephine is too much for you consider a 2nd middle in between them? I also think the Ma-J sounds in emMA Josephine could be a good starting point. I think of Magnolia, Margaret, Marjorie. Josephine Emilia or Josephine Emerson, ect could work.