Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You are seriously over thinking this. IT IS FINE. She will not be teased mercilessly. If most berries didn't notice it until you pointed it out, many people in the real world won't either because the ladies here are much more critical of combos, initials, and such.

If you must, call her Emma Jo so her initials are EJVL.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by superjessieful View Post
    I think its sad you want to change her name. Its beautiful. I say just own it and be proud of it. There is no reason why she has to be cslled ej. I think Em is a cute nn.
    Thanks I don't have problems with EJ its the intials EVL I have an issue with. We do call her Em which I love too

I can understand not wanting her to have the initials EVL. If you simply switch the order to Josephine Emma, she won't.

Quote Originally Posted by rosierose View Post
    Josephine is a beautiful name. I would simply start calling her Josephine or Josie or Jo and drop Emma or switch it to the middle place. You can see how calling her Josephine feels for a few weeks before doing this legally. Or, if you don't want to use Josephine, perhaps Amelia or Amalia? Mia or Mila? Amelie?

I hesitate to give more suggestions, though, as I think simply using Josephine (a wonderful name and one that is more distinctive than Emma) would be best. Would your husband not agree?
    Thank you. I do love the name Josephine and she does get called Little Josie a lot as she looks so much like my mum and has her mannerisms and everything the only hesitation in not changing it around is we wanted her to have her own identity which is ironic as we chose Emma being one of the most popular names around! My husband loved the name Emma and I wanted a name that went well with Josephine...... if only I had found this site earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by tam123 View Post
    Thank you. I do love the name Josephine and she does get called Little Josie a lot as she looks so much like my mum and has her mannerisms and everything the only hesitation in not changing it around is we wanted her to have her own identity which is ironic as we chose Emma being one of the most popular names around! My husband loved the name Emma and I wanted a name that went well with Josephine...... if only I had found this site earlier!
    *sigh* A child does not lose their identity just because they have a popular name.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey