Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Belle?

Belle?

I'm starting to really like Belle as a full first name. I think it's really sweet and wearable on all ages. I don't mind that its only one syllable, I like several other 1 syllable names (Rose and Grace included.) My hesitations for adding it to my favorites list:

-It sounds slightly nickname-y
    - A Belle could get lost in the sea of Bella's, Isabelle's, Ella's and Elle's around here
    -Some could immediately associate with the Disney Princess. I LOVE Beauty and the Beast, it's my favorite Disney movie, but would it seem as though a girl named Belle was named specifically FOR the Disney princess? I love the character, but it's a perk of the name for me, not the reason I like it.

Thoughts? Possible nickname opinions? Thanks!

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

Its lovely, but...... I do think it currently gets lost in he sea of Isabelles, Bellas and Ellas x

I would agree the name would be lost in the sea of other similar sounding names.
    I wouldn't assume you named her after the Disney princess, but I would make the connection that she shares her name with one (if that makes sense).

Belle is underrated. It's sweet and simple, and WAY less used than Bella (Thanks, Twilight.) And hey, I'm an avid Disney movie viewer too, but I don't think anyone will be throwing insults at your little girl just because she shares her name with a princess; just think, there are plenty of Ariel's, Jasmine's, Aurora's, in the world. Maybe less Cinderella's, but you catch my drift. Belle has a whole lot of promise, I think!

I do love Belle. It seems so simple and sweet and I don't think it comes across as nicknamey (though the slightly longer Bella does).
    I love the idea of Bluebell as a family nickname for Belle. And don't worry about the Disney Princess connection, people may think of the character (and she is a cool character) but I doubt anyone would think you named her for the Princess, it's not like Cinderella or anything.
    15 year old name lover, with a cat named Neville.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826126