Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Down To Two Names

my brother and his wife are down to two names if there baby is a boy:

Simeon Nelson VS Zephaniah Nelson (nn Zeph)

Nelson is a family name so it is set.
    WDYT between these two?

You have two fine Biblical names as your choices. I think Zephaniah Nelson is my preference. I also like Zephan as a nn. While I like Simeon, it's too similar to the word "simian" or ape-like.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Another vote for Zephaniah! It's unique and gorgeous, and the Z automatically gives it the "cool" factor.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

Zephaniah sounds more rad on its own, plus it doesn't slur with Nelson like Simeon does. I'd be stoked to meet a little Zeph.

Another vote for Zephaniah! Simeon is a cool name, but there's the "simian" thing and also that the matching N-endings and the slurring N ending-and-beginning of Simeon Nelson are not ideal.

Best wishes to your brother and sister-in-law!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet