Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brother for Dagny

We are expecting our second child, a boy, in January. We already have a two year old daughter named Dagny.

We had a few girls names in the running (Himilsy, Aeronwen, and Auxerre) but are at a complete loss now for a boy's name.

Previously considered but no longer in the running were:

Euclid (we live in Cleveland and this name is tied to a city, a street, a beach, and so on. Therefore not very usable by us).

Sherlock - Love the name and the nn Lock but I think it makes us sound like uber fans of either the BBC show or of naming our children from literature.

Arrow/Aero - Still like but I don't think it quite works.

As you can probably see, we're fairly adventurous namers so please no common-ish recommendations (the "Aidens" for example).

I'd prefer to stay away from names starting with F and ending in en, in, or on. Our last name is Ferguson so I don't like how those names sound together.

Thanks in advance!

Whoa, you asked me to comment! I am a star here, aren't I? Let's see.
    First of all, I love Dagny. She makes me think of Grieg's music and it's lovely. Dagny Ferguson has the flowing g-s, I like it.
    Atlas came to mind but of course he is matchy.
    Well, Arrow is downmarket and trying-to-be-cool to me. Aires, maybe?
    Euclid is a cool guy but he doesn't quite go with sis. Sherlock is fun and lovable and I love him with Dags.
    Ideas:
    Henry(it's popular, yep but Dagny and Henry are so neat!)
    Rupert/Rufus
    Victor
    Archimedes
    Gilbert
    Pierce/Lars
    Wolfgang

I employed Nymbler for some suggestion help, because I'm not terribly familiar with Dagny.

Magnus
    Carlisle
    Linus
    Ansel
    Griffith
    Leo
    Evander
    Archer (instead of Arrow?)
    Noah
    Bishop
    Sinclair
    Theophilus
    Atlas
    Erasmus
    Vincent
    Bartholomew
    Ezra
    Hans
    Raleigh
    Knox
    Ephraim
    Klaus
    Cassius

Good luck!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Theodore nn Theo and Hugo came to mind!

Love Dagny, btw!
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

Psalm 23