Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Narrowing down my favourites...

Seeing sarahmeezz's post made me realise that I too really need to narrow down my list...though I'm not sure if I'm ready to cut too many just yet. Anyway, feedback on the names is always welcome and please pick your top 5, give or take a few.

Antigone
    Araminta - unsure about...
    Aurora - middle name only now.
    Beatrice
    Clementine
    Cordelia
    Drusilla
    Florence
    Harriet
    Hermione
    Isla - middle name only now.
    Matilda
    Millicent - middle name only now.
    Octavia - middle name only now.
    Olive - unsure about...
    Ottilie
    Persephone
    Rosalind - unsure about...
    Sibyl - unsure about...
    Violet

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by fiammetta; September 7th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

In no particular order fave 5

Clementine
    Rosalind
    Violet
    Araminta
    Octavia
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

]

Hmm...
    My favourite name list is under major construction at the moment, envious that people have lists which need to be narrowed down. I'm too fickle when it comes to names especially girls. You have gorgeous names on your list!! I'm first of all going to 'eliminate' the names I dislike from this list.
    My least favourite names from this list:
    Antigone - sounds negative and feels really harsh.
    Drusilla - again feels harsh and visually looks unattractive in my eyes.
    Octavia - I like Olympia and Ophelia which have a similar sound but there's something I dislike about Octavia.
    Sibyl - Love Sibylla but for me this simply Sibyl feels dated for me she's like Gertude and Bertha.
    Millicent - I'm unsure on Millicent in away she feels unattractive and stodgy but in away she's refreshing. I'm just totally unsure.

The rest (warning going to be picky as there all awesome)...
    Araminta - a new discovery for me and I love her. She's elegant, demure, and incredibly beautiful. She just feels refreshing. But I'm unsure on nicknames. Araminta would have to have a nickname (I feel anyway) would I want her to be called Minty? No I just wouldn't. It's crisp and fresh nickname but then on other hand, on a popular TV soap in my country, there was a character of a fat car mechanic named Minty and even though he was nice I don't like the association. Araminta is the perfect middle name.

Aurora - lovely, Aurora is very elegant and has this lovely spunky vibe. I don't mind the nickname Rory for a nickname for Aurora (hate Rory as a stand alone name for a girl. Rory in that case is all boy), she has this brilliant Princess vibe and looks sooo pretty. I also love the nature associations through Aurora's meaning dawn.

Beatrice - elegant, great Shakespearean connotations, demure, and incredibly usable due to her easy nickname Bea. Beatrice is a great choice.

Clementine - another brilliant choice, Clementine looks effortless and has this gorgeous fruity vibe. I adore the whole effect of Clementine. But then I do find that Clementine has flaws due to not having an easy go to middle name. Clemmy is cute but most likely she'd get Tina which is just so dated.

Cordelia - I love this name she's so pretty and wholesome. Cordelia has a fresh spunky vibe and looks so romantic. I also love the Cordy nickname. Cordelia is growing on me so much for recent. I even like the Shakespearean connotations even though the character has a rather sad life.

Florence - another fantastic choice (you have such a great taste in names!!) Florence is just effortless and again elegant. She has great connotations what with the Italian city, Florence Nightingale, and of course flowers through her meaning 'flowering'. Even though Florence is great I'm not a massive fan of her nicknames.

Harriet - she's a British staple. In my head Harriet feels so British and so upper crust and I do love the whole vibe of that name. Harriet is a great choice.

Hermione - another fantastic name, Hermione feels so majestic and has this gorgeous surreal vibe. I actually love the Harry Potter association despite not actually liking Harry Potter. Hermione just feels light and easy, furthermore I like the fact that despite her length she's rather short in sound (almost) thus she doesn't seem to need a nickname.

Isla - I do like Isla, she's pretty and has a fresh sound but she's slowly becoming trendy.

Matilda - lovely! Matilda is sweet, fresh, feminine. She has a range of gorgeous nicknames such as Mattie, Tilly, and Tilda. Matilda has this lovely almost Nordic charm. She feels so Medieval in away which I find charming. Matilda is rising in popularity in the UK though.

Olive - I like Olive she's a intriguing twist on Olivia. Olive sounds really fresh and has a very wholesome vibe. But maybe Olive is too hipster?!

Ottilie - she's growing on me hence the reason why I couldn't say I didn't like her but she isn't my favourite there is something I find odd.

Persephone - I love this name she's pretty, has gorgeous Greek mythological connotations, and has this really elegant sound. Persephone just feels intriguing! I also adore the Sephy nickname which makes Persephone feel light.

Rosalind - love Rose and her variants. Currently Rosalie is my favourite girl's name and despite reconstruction on the list she most likely will remain there. So of course I love Rosalind she's elegant, wholesome, has a range of great nicknames, and just feels perfect.

Violet - I of course love Violet. I love flower names!! Violet is very pretty she is rising in popularity but doesn't have that trendy vibe which Isla possess. Violet is lovely. I also like Viola and Violetta.

So after much processing my top 5 are...
    Cordelia
    Rosalind
    Aurora
    Persephone
    Matilda

But that was difficult and probably would change my mind if I came back to the list : )

Rosalind, Violet(ta), and Clementine (I'm torn between this and Clemency) are on my list, so I'm biased.

Top 5:
    1. Araminta
    2. Matilda
    3. Octavia
    4. Hermione - Yes, I'm a Potterhead.
    5. Ottilie
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Thanks for all the feedback!

Aurora, Isla, Millicent and Octavia have been demoted to middle names only.

I'm unsure about Araminta, Olive, Rosalind and Sibyl.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]