Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bad Shot Reaction, Milk Allergy, or Nothing?

So I was just so terrified, my lil one who was sleeping by me started throwing up in her sleep. She was gagging even after I turned her over, it was spouting out her nose, we were both covered - just monstrous. She rarely even spit up in the last 2 months & shes only 4 months old.

The only thing I can think triggered it was her 4 month shots she had 3 days ago, she ran a bit of a fever for a day but seemed better today. The other thing I could think of is a possible cows milk reaction (I exclusively breastfeed). That one might be just over worrying but when I think back to her spit up the last 2 times were after bagles with cream cheese. Tonight I had pasta & mixxed it with a overload abundance of cheese & drank alot of milk instead of water.

I know alot of you guys have strong opinions on most topics, Im curious on your input. . always second guessed the shots but evidence is so contradicting & society believed in then do much here in the states that I'd be worried if I didn't do everything I could to keep her healthy (& line my mom says we all had them & shell need them for school anyways). Maybe I'm just over worrying & Iits just nothing but a little upset stomach on a healthy little baby?

YOU ate the dairy products and think its contaminating your milk? (Tonight I had pasta & mixxed it with a overload abundance of cheese & drank alot of milk instead of water.)

or are you starting the baby on solid food? (were after bagles with cream cheese)

if so you may just need to wait a lil longer if shes just at the 4 month mark

so far this is the only bad incident? you talk of her spitting up after bagels but not that it was like the 'monstrous' event.

if you go back on your 'normal' schedule of foods and it still continues then contact your doctor, otherwise it sounds like just one incident
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

also:

http://www.babycenter.com/404_how-ca...a-vac_11477.bc

Signs of a serious allergic reaction can include difficulty breathing, hoarseness, wheezing, hives, paleness, dizziness, fainting, or a rapid heartbeat.

doesnt sound like a reaction

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical...k_allergy.html

A person of any age can have a milk allergy, but it's more common among infants (about 2% to 3% of babies), though most outgrow it.

Infants who are breastfed have a lower risk of developing a milk allergy than those who are formula fed. HOWEVER:

An infant can experience symptoms either very quickly after feeding (rapid onset) or not until 7 to 10 days after consuming the cow's milk protein (slower onset). Symptoms may also occur with exclusive breastfeeding if the mother ingests cow's milk.

A milk allergy is not the same thing as lactose intolerance

The slower-onset reaction is more common. Symptoms may include loose stools (possibly containing blood), vomiting, gagging, refusing food, irritability or colic, and skin rashes, like eczema.

doesnt sound like a serious condition if it is the case
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

She hasnt started food yet, I ate the milk products. & both times with cream cheese was probly a month ago & was like normal spit up (barely any) for a baby, I just remembered because she never really does it.. Tonight on the other hand was exstream, like pouring out of her, I rolled her on her side then picked her up & pat her back it just kept coming out as she was gagging. I didn't even think she held that much liquid in her.

Babies throw up. A lot. Unless it starts happening often, I'd say it's probably just a normal thing. You can at least wait until it happens more than once before you panic and try to make any major adjustments? If she doesn't have a fever and is otherwise acting normal, I'd say it was probably nothing. If she does have a fever or seems different or lethargic, then call a doctor. Also, if the vomiting becomes a pattern, talk to her doctor about it.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!