Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Aphrodite- Love this! It is romantic and unique yet familiar.
    Artemis : possible combo Artemis Grey- I prefer Artemisia for a girl and I don't like it paired with Grey.
    Niobe pr . Ny - oh - bee ( althought i pr . different )- Love this too. A beautiful name.
    Persephone- One of my favourites but some people have pronunciation problems.
    Pandora ( although i hate the nn Panda & Dora )- I love the nn Panda but it's fine that you don't. I love this name but think that the associations with Pandora's box at a crude level can't be ignored.
    Iole vs Isolde ( cant decide . help )- Isolde is definitely my favourite out of the two.

To conclude my favourites are Aphrodite, Niobe and Persephone.
    Eulalie (Ireland) Della
    Stella Peony
    Myrtle Posey
    Margot Evening

Lysander James
    Oberon

Names that meet my approval:
    Aphrodite - This might be too over the top, but I do think its pretty. Especially paired with something less feminine.
    Artemis - Love the name Artemis! Love nn Artie. IMO you should pair this with something feminine since it has a fairly masculine sound.
    Cassandra - Love Cassandra if only for the Insane Trojan princess connection.
    Elektra - This is not my style but I like it more than some of your other options. I think of Carmen Elektra.
    Persephone - I like this with nn Persy, I'm not a fan of Sephy though.
    Pandora - I like Pandora. I think it will be easy enough to avoid nn Dora and Panda, you just have to start calling her by a different nn instead.
    Isolde - Love. This is a surprisingly sweet option considering the rest of your list.
    Eleusis - I like this in my head, how do you pronounce it?
    Nemea - Also how do you pronounce this?

My favourites are Aphrodite, Artemis, Cassandra, Pandora & Isolde

Names I dislike:
    Anastasia - Too frilly and/or nasal sounding.
    Juliet - Terrible namesake. I do like Junia, would that fit your style?
    Lyonesse - This seems like a name for a fantasy character, not a person. What career path fits someone named Lyonesse?
    Lupin - I think of Lupin from the Harry Potter series. And he was a dude.
    Iole - I prefer Isolde, the way I'm reading Iole does not sound attractive.
    Hekate - I don't really hate it, but I do't particularly like it.
    Orseis - I know this was a greek nymph but it sounds masculine to me, like its an attempted feminization of Orson or Orpheus or something.
    Isabella - Isobel is better.
    Dysis - No.
    Niobe - I like the origins of this name but I don't like it in actual practice.
    Briseis - I think this is a little too bizarre.
    Last edited by katieydenberg; September 7th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
    New username is @ truenature

Aphrodite
    Anastasia
    Artemis : possible combo Artemis Grey
    Isabella ( moving to the middle )
    Dysis ( new )
    Eleusis ( new )
    Niobe pr . Ny - oh - bee ( althought i pr . different )
    Briseis pr . bri-say-is ( see above )
    Cassandra
    Elektra
    Persephone
    Pandora ( althought i hate the nn Panda & Dora )
    Juliet
    Nemea ( someone amazing suggest this to me with the nn Lion )
    Lyonesse
    Lupin
    Iole vs Isolde ( cant decide . help )
    Hekate ( middle )
    Orseis ( not sure on that )

Artemis is my favorite, and a goddess is masculine? Just wondering... I love it with --

Artemis Isabella
    Artemis Juliet

The one problem with Artemis is that I think it might become the next (more offbeat) Isabel.

I think Anastasia is adorable, and I would love to meet babies with this n

I appreciate your unusual, literary tastes, but I think sometimes it goes over the top (as far as I am concerned), such as Lupin. In English, it is spikey, unattractive plant. In French "lapin" is rabbit, and in Latin "lupus" is wolf. I am hearing all this in the background, and none of it says "baby name" to me. I also think Iole and Lyonesse are not working.

For your consideration:

Cressida
    Xanthe
    Veronese

Thanks everyone!!!

@ bonnie1107 : I only knew that lupin means wolf. I didnt know about the other meanings,thanks for telling me. I also love your suggestions!! Cressida & Veronese are lovely.
    Vasiliki ,
    Maeve ~ Persephone ~ Ophelia ~ Rosalind ~ Eleanor ~ Silver ~ Psyche ~ Belladona ~ Calista ~ Raven ~ Winter ~ Imogen ~ Glass ~ Nevermore ~ Remember
    Alaric ~ Amadeus ~ Grey ~ Wolf ~ Damien ~ Dorian ~ Perseus ~ Salem ~ Viktor ~ Edgar ~ Thorn ~ Gideon ~ Lucian ~ Constantine