Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnastasiaLove this name
    Aphrodite & Artemis : Artemis & Athena are guilty pleasure names for me! I love them but personally I wouldn’t give any offspring such an obvious god/goddess name. To me, it’s just the same as naming a child after a deity of a currently practised religion (e.g. Allah, Jehovah), i.e. too much to live up to. Also, in the case of Aphrodite, I’d be concerned that, when she hits the teenage years, she won’t thank you for being named after the goddess of love.
    Isabella ( moving to the middle ) I just don’t like ‘-bella’ names in general, so it’s a no from me on this name However, I really like the more streamline Isabel.
    Dysis ( new ) – How do you pronounce this? Dye-sis or Dee-sis? Prefer Dye-sis overall, but not a fan of either.
    Eleusis ( new ) – Don’t feel anything for this name either way, but think it might be a bit hard to pull off if you didn’t have any ties to Greece.
    Niobe pr . Ny - oh - bee ( althought i pr . different ) – I really like this name. I think it hits the sweet spot of being original, yet easy to pronounce from the get go. Plus it’s really pretty.
    Briseis pr . bri-say-is ( see above ) – Not a fan. Just don’t think it’s a particularly attractive name.
    Cassandra – It’s ok.
    Elektra – Based on your other names, I’m sure this is another Greek mythology reference, but with its more recent media references ( Carmen Electra, Marvel comics Elektra and associated film, Bond girl Electra King), I think it’s veered a bit too much into the ‘Ms. Fanservice’ stereotype to be usable in real life.
    Persephone – I find this name a bit pretentious, if I’m honest
    Pandora ( althought i hate the nn Panda & Dora ) – Shame you hate the nn Panda, because I think that’s one of the most appealing things about this name! I quite like Pandora, but not enough to use it with all the possible (and crude) Pandora’s box references.
    Juliet – Never really liked this name, but think it stems from being forced to study ‘Romeo & Juliet’ every year at school, so it’s not really the name’s fault!
    Nemea ( someone amazing suggest this to me with the nn Lion ) – Together with the nickname, it screams ‘My parents read classics’ to anyone who knows the story of Hercules. Which might tip it into pretentious territory for some, but it’s actually a pretty name, and I think it’s a subtle enough reference to pull off.
    Lyonesse – Not really a fan.
    Lupin – Undecided. Quite like the botanical reference.
    Iole vs Isolde ( cant decide . help ). Both are equally nice phonetically, but Isolde looks more complete on paper.
    Hekate – Not feeling it.
    Orseis – If you’re not sure on it then scrap it. You have plenty of great alternatives! It doesn’t really do much either way for me.
    Girls: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Elodie, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boys: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Robin, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx

Seperated it into Like and Dislike and ranked them!

Like:
    #1 Anastasia - LOVE
    #2 Isabella - Love but too popular
    #3 Aphrodite - I'm surprised I like this name (theoretically) as much as I do. Really like
    #4 Cassandra - usable but not my fave
    #5 Artemis - (like the name -I'm a big Artemis Fowl nerd- but dislike possible combo Artemis Grey)
    #6 Juliet - not my fave but is a nice name, I just think it is overrated
    #7 Iole vs Isolde - Isolde
    #8 Persephone - not my fave but I see it's appeal
    #9 Pandora (althought i hate the nn Panda & Dora) - don't like this name but it is perfectly usable

Dislike: (just not my style of naming - unless it reminds me of something)
    #10 Elektra - usable but not my fave
    #11 Briseis pr . bri-say-is
    #12 Lupin - too close to Lupus
    #13 Orseis
    #14 Lyonesse (too close to Lioness)
    #15 Dysis
    #16 Eleusis
    #17 Nemea
    #18 Niobe pr . Ny - oh - bee (could be perfectly usable)
    #19 Hekate
    Last edited by giinkies; September 7th, 2013 at 02:17 AM.

Thank you all for your opinions :-)

Keep:
    Anastasia - though I'm not personally a fan it's an alright name
    Artemis - love this name definitely not too masculine
    Elektra
    Persephone
    Pandora - I'm not a fan of Ana as the nn as it really takes away some of the magic of Pandora for me

Middle only:
    Aphrodite - love the name but it'd be rough growing up as an unattractive Aphrodite, or a prudish Aphrodite, or a... Lots of things
    Isabella - very safe
    Cassandra - very safe
    Juliet - very safe

I'm not a fan of any of the rest... And I find the idea of Lupin on a girl sacrilegious in the spirit of Harry Potter

Keep

Artemis : possible combo Artemis Grey
    Briseis pr . bri-say-is (mn only)
    Cassandra
    Persephone
    Juliet
    Lupin (mn only)
    Isolde
    All the best,
    Mischa.