Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Brutal honest opinion on my new list part 2 . Lets make the list smaller !!

Hi , berries !! i have been thinking a lot lately and i make a new list because the other one was very terrible ( my own list , no BF impact ) ,

My new list :

Aphrodite
    Anastasia
    Artemis : possible combo Artemis Grey
    Isabella ( moving to the middle )
    Dysis ( new )
    Eleusis ( new )
    Niobe pr . Ny - oh - bee ( althought i pr . different )
    Briseis pr . bri-say-is ( see above )
    Cassandra
    Elektra
    Persephone
    Pandora ( althought i hate the nn Panda & Dora )
    Juliet
    Nemea ( someone amazing suggest this to me with the nn Lion )
    Lyonesse
    Lupin
    Iole vs Isolde ( cant decide . help )
    Hekate ( middle )
    Orseis ( not sure on that )

I know that a lot might seem strange to you but iam okay with them .

Like the other list , you can be as brutal as you want

Hopefully after that i can make my top 10 .

combos or suggestions are always welcome .

Thanks in advance .

" She is a mess of gorgeous chaos & you can see it in her eyes "

A teen trying to create something new for her , dark , mad and totally unpleasant .

Cordelia ~ Ariadne ~ Psyche ~ Ophelia ~ Elektra ~ Persephone ~ Andromeda .
    Prometheus ~ Lykon ~ Hades ~ Orpheus.

My favorites are Aphrodite, Cassandra, Elektra, Pandora, Persephone and Isolde.

Good:

Aphrodite
    Anastasia
    Cassandra
    Elektra
    Isolde - Iole looks and sounds weird.
    Juliet
    Nemea
    Pandora - Although you'd better think of another nn quick smart!
    Persephone

Bad:

Artemis - I know it's a woman's name, but it's so masculine-sounding, especially with mn Grey.
    Briseis
    Isabella - It's lovely, but it's incredibly popular (might be okay as a mn).
    Dysis
    Eleusis
    Hekate - I'd vastly prefer Hecate.
    Lupin
    Lyonesse
    Niobe
    Orseis

I think all the names in the "good" category are solid, but all the names in the "bad" category aren't just names I don't like much - I think they're pretty awful. My top three would be: Anastasia, Cassandra and Pandora.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Aphrodite: Toss! This is just so much name to live up to. I would think, "What if I have a rough-and-tumble tomboy or a shy bookworm and here she is named after the goddess of love, beauty and sex!" Unless you have Greek heritage where this is truly a traditional name, I would set it aside.
    Anastasia: Keep! It's over the top and frilly but I would still enjoy seeing a little girl with this name.
    Artemis : Keep! I do get what the previous poster said about it having a rather masculine sound, a la Aramis. But unlike Aphrodite, I think this name is wearable in day to day life for any type of girl. Artie or Emi or Missy would all be cute nicknames. Still I wouldn't combine it with Grey, since that makes it even MORE masculine, to me. Suggest: Artemis Day.
    Isabella: Toss! The world is full of Isabellas, and it is a beautiful name. But you have such eclectic taste: don't settle for something too "safe" or you might kick yourself later.
    Dysis - Keep - for now! I like the meaning and it's unusual yet easy to spell. But it kind of reminds me of Dyson vacuums and someone yelling "Die, sis!" :/
    Eleusis - Keep - for now! The spelling might trip people up but I think it's pretty. nn Lusi (Lucy)!
    Niobe - Toss! I like the name (the look and sound), but the story behind it is violent and depressing.
    Briseis -Toss! Pronunciation and spelling issues all her life, and not pretty enough in my view to be worth it.
    Cassandra - Toss! Although I hate to say it, because it's so pretty, but - see "Isabella."
    Elektra - Keep - for now! I totally get the "cool factor" of this name, but I would hate to be named this because of all the electric jokes.
    Persephone - Keep! Her mythology is a little bit dark, but not like Niobe. It is unusual yet wearable for all ages.
    Pandora - Toss! If you don't like the most likely nicknames, cut it now and save yourself the worrying.
    Juliet - Keep! The most common one I vote for keeping - it's just a lovely name and less commonly given as a first name than a middle name it seems like.
    Nemea - Keep! If it's pronounced "nehMAYuh." Exotic but approachable.
    Lyonesse - Toss! All life long: "Your mother named you Lioness? Was she on a safari?" etc. I couldn't.
    Lupin - Toss! Remus Lupin the male Harry Potter werewolf, aka "Moony!"
    Iole - Toss! Looks weird, I forget and think "eye-ole" (rhymes with hole).
    Isolde - Keep - for now ! Classic and wearable but will have pronunciation issues.
    Hekate - Keep (in the middle)!
    Orseis - Toss! Sounds even more masculine than Artemis!

Thanks everyone for your opinions

@sarahmezz : From Pandora i kind love the Ana ( think of it right now !! Love it !! )
    @peanut : Well , Iam Greek so Aphrodite isnt unusual to me
    And I like Artemis Day !! Very lovely .

Please keep the opinions coming
    Last edited by bellerose; September 6th, 2013 at 10:29 PM.

" She is a mess of gorgeous chaos & you can see it in her eyes "

A teen trying to create something new for her , dark , mad and totally unpleasant .

Cordelia ~ Ariadne ~ Psyche ~ Ophelia ~ Elektra ~ Persephone ~ Andromeda .
    Prometheus ~ Lykon ~ Hades ~ Orpheus.