Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Last edited by namecrazy59; September 6th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
    NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future journalist.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Cora, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Rose, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt

Oh you're so not alone. I wish my younger self had had better taste in names... I didn't even like popular names back then, I liked obscure, weird, oddly spelled and just downright awful names. They're actually embarrassing to me now. What I wouldn't give to be able to say "Oh I liked Lily and Emily", lol. Nope, I was the weird one who liked names like Coffin (yes, seriously), Tranquility, and Bane.

Now my names run more to the tune of Leona, Flora, Mabel, Vivian, and Zelda. Go figure.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

The associations surrounding certain names will change over time too, and thus your perception of them... when I was younger and heard the names Britney, Tiffany, etc. for the first time, they were so new and unusual, I thought they were pretty. But they became so common, and then linked to celebs that I'm not too keen on... it ruined them for me.

Some of the trendy names right now, that seem so timeless, will eventually meet the same fate. But, it's quite difficult to predict which ones will or won't seem dated 20 years from now. No wonder parents find choosing the perfect name so challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by mimiottawa View Post
    The associations surrounding certain names will change over time too, and thus your perception of them... when I was younger and heard the names Britney, Tiffany, etc. for the first time, they were so new and unusual, I thought they were pretty. But they became so common, and then linked to celebs that I'm not too keen on... it ruined them for me.

Some of the trendy names right now, that seem so timeless, will eventually meet the same fate. But, it's quite difficult to predict which ones will or won't seem dated 20 years from now. No wonder parents find choosing the perfect name so challenging.
    That was my main reason for disliking Emily, Lauren and Kaitlyn now! Since I turned 13, I have met;

13 Emily's (11 Emily's, 1 Emilea + 1 Emilee)
    20+ Lauren's
    and the following variations of Kaitlyn:

Kaitlyn x 5
    Katelyn
    Kaitlin
    Caitlin x 3
    Caitlyn
    Katelynne
    Katelynn
    Kaitlynn
    Kaitlynd

as you can see, Kaitlyn is now at the top of my most hated name list, because I got so sick of hearing the name!

Another favourite of mine when I was about 13 was the uber trendy Kennedy. Reagan and Addison too. I had a thing for unisex names. Brooklyn Liberty was a combo I loved until I turned 17.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    As we age, we expand our horizons and look beyond our small world. As we gain knowledge of numerous subjects, read more literature and magazines, we are exposing ourselves to other cultures and interests. We are not the same people at 18 that were we at 10 years old. If it's natural for people to change as they mature, isn't it a given that your name preferences would change too? Let me make a prediction: hang around on Nameberry for awhile and your favourite names will change multiple times. Names you liked in the past will fall by the wayside and new names you never imagined will suddenly strike a chord.
    I'm definitely thinking your prediction will come true. Even the favourites in my signature aren't at the very top of my list anymore, and I haven't been here long at all. Before here, I never would've gone for Persephone or Artemis, or even Saffron!
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"