Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lyle or Carlisle/Carlyle

I've had the name Lyle Alexander picked out for a second son for YEARS, but it just now occurred to me that I could also use Carlisle/Carlyle even though I've loved the name for years.

Lyle is after my grandfather but he also loves Cars, they are his passion, so to me Carlisle/Carlyle fits amazingly well in the perspective. So, a few questions!

1.) Lyle Alexander or Carlisle/Carlyle Alexander or Alexander Carlisle/Carlyle
    2.) Which spelling? Carlisle or Carlyle?
    3.) Thoughts on the names in general? Yes? No?

1) Oh I think Carlisle Alexander nn Lyle is awesome! Totally go for it.
    2) Carlisle. While Carlyle has Lyle in it is just hurts my brain to look at as it keeps screaming tryndee to me. There is no reason why a nn and a fn have to have the same spelling. My fn is Alexandra and I go by Lexie (there's clearly a lack of an i and a second e in my name).
    3) ABSOLUTELY!!!! I love Carlisle and would consider it for my own list if the pronunciation weren't so off in Spanish (Car-lis-leh).
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Quote Originally Posted by lexiem View Post
    1) Oh I think Carlisle Alexander nn Lyle is awesome! Totally go for it.
    2) Carlisle. While Carlyle has Lyle in it is just hurts my brain to look at as it keeps screaming tryndee to me. There is no reason why a nn and a fn have to have the same spelling. My fn is Alexandra and I go by Lexie (there's clearly a lack of an i and a second e in my name).
    3) ABSOLUTELY!!!! I love Carlisle and would consider it for my own list if the pronunciation weren't so off in Spanish (Car-lis-leh).
    Thank you!

1. Carlisle Alexander. It's so romantic, dashing and very British. Carlisle is a beautiful town.
    2. Carlisle, stick with original.
    3. Yes. Carlisle is handsome and kind of magical.

Carlisle Alexander.

I always believe in the longer name to give more choices, and Carlisle is a lovely name and it sounds better with Alexander than Lyle does.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin