Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What works with Joy, Mae, or Primeose?

Hi. I am new to this forum but would like some name suggestions please. My daughter was named after my grandmother, Emberlee, so I need name suggestions that aren't too similar (I.e., Emily, Emmaline). We are trying to conceive, so name talk flutters about our household! I am looking for a name that will work with either Joy, Mae, or Primrose as middle names. My husband's grandmother was named Louisa (pronounced Loo-eye-sah), so we are considering names that contain Lou/Lu, but I prefer very vintage names that aren't hard to pronounce or spell but that are no where near the top 100. Also, I must mention, my last name is similar to the word "deal" which makes it harder. I love Anita, for example, but all I hear is "I need a deal." Alas, that is my dilemma. So, we are open to suggestions, even those omitting the middle names I listed. Just, no V names please. I do not want a daughter with V.D. As her initials. I know these perimeters are a bit tight, but I know you nameberry pros can help me! Thanks.

Joy & Mae will go with just about anything. I'm not a big fan of Primrose (its not terrible but there are nicer Rose names out there).

Names to go with Emberlee (staying away from V names or anything with a Lee/Leigh ending):
    I don't have many suggestions, maybe Cheyenne, Teagan, Merideth, Coraline
    New username is @ truenature

Thank you. I'm really liking Mae Evangeline right now, but hubby has no taste. Lol. The only thing he suggests is Kaelin/Cailin/Kaylan, and I know several friends have recently used this name for their little ones.

He likes Kaylan (sp), you like Mae (which I love, BTW)

How about:
    Kiralyn
    Malena
    Louisa
    Luanna
    Tallulah (nn Tally)

I love Louisa (prn lew-Ee-sa) too.

Bonnielyn, I named our cat Tallulah. It is such an awesome name. I like your suggestions, thank you. I prefer Louisa as (loo-ee-sa) too. Maybe Louisa Mae would work, but we are from central Appalachia, so I am trying to avoid names that sound too "hillbilly.". I have been hesitant about that one.