Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Red face Honest opinions please. I can take it!

Anastasia
    Beatrix
    Cordelia
    Felicity
    Juliet
    Penelope
    Philippa
    Polly
    Thank you! You can be brutal as you like
    I'm twenty with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Edmund * Felix * Lysander *

You asked for brutal honesty, so I will be brutal. Just as an advisement.. if I met anyone with any of these names I would tell them how beautiful the names are because they are all stunning! Truly!
    ...And now I shall tear them apart.

Anastasia- This has always seemed like you are trying to hard IMO
    Beatrix- Beautiful, perfect. I love it.
    Cordelia- Very pretty. Hate Cordy as a nickname, or any of the other obvious ones.
    Felicity- I don't like it. It seems to me as a "weak" name. Not sure if I can explain why. It just seems flighty and a bit prissy.
    Juliet- *yawn* A little overdone for me now.
    Penelope- Never been a favourite. It seems a bit silly to me. I love the nickname Nelly though!
    Philippa- Gorgeous!
    Polly- Don't hear it often.It's not bad but doesn't seem to have enough substance to actually use it. Also reminds me of a parrot.

I would actually use either Beatrix or Philippa as a fn, and Cordelia or Juliet as a mn! Great list. Sorry if I was brutal
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

My honest opinions :

Anastasia : Stunning name !! Love it . Easily my favorite name right now .
    Beatrix : I dont like it at all . I coud not see the appeal of that name .
    Cordelia : very pretty . Like the nn .
    Felicity : I like the meaning but not the name at all .
    Juliet : LOVE , LOVE .
    Penelope : Like it .
    Philipa : Easily my least favorite name . Hate the nn Pippa also .
    Polly :As a nn maybe . As a stand alone no way .

Sorry if i was brutal . You say to be honest

Anastasia: I don't really understand the appeal. It's a top three name in my country for 14 years (1999-2013) so I know at least 30 Anastasia, Nastyas, Asyas. The meaning is lovely though and it's a royal name as well so nice but not my favorite.
    Beatrix: It used to be a contender on my list but I prefer Beatrice, Beata or Behati.
    Cordelia: probably my favorite on your list but I would change a letter and get the most perfect name in the world, Cornelia.
    Felicity: I like Felicity and funky nickname Licity or Lica.
    Juliet: Again, what's so nice? She was such a drama queen, stubborn and tragic and the name is full of tears and frills. I prefer Cordelia, if talk about Shakespeare.
    Penelope: I like her myth and prefer Penny to Persephone but it's not my #1 still.
    Philipa: Nice one. Pippa is cute and I rather like the royal family, to say honest, they are so cute and well-dressed. But there will be an issue with the amount of l-s and p-s.
    Polly: My secret love. Although I wouldn't use it as a full name(but maybe would, a la Molly and Minnie), it's a gorgeous nickname for Appoline, Hippolyta and Mary(and maybe Philippa).
    My top 3 for you:
    Cordelia
    Philipa nn Polly
    Anastasia

Anastasia - classic, strong
    Beatrix - Bea names are way too trendy right now
    Cordelia - lovely
    Felicity - classic, needs more use
    Juliet - classic but popular
    Penelope - too trendy
    Philippa - not bad, at least its not uber popular
    Polly - prefer Pollyanna, or Holly - Polly feels dull
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~