Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    I'm sorry you're in this situation. I don't want to sound harsh, but if your ex doesn't want to get back together with you, then you need to move on with your life. Maybe you could get some counselling - it might help to talk your feelings out with a professional who could give you some helpful strategies for coping with your situation and moving on.
    I think this is sound advice. If he is willing to talk, I think that would help some with your closure.

I don't want to presume to understand what you're feeling, but do you think it's possible that you miss the stability and comfort of being in a relationship more than the actual person? It sounds like your daughter's father wasn't right for you at all, and maybe that reminded you how nice it felt to make those important steps with your ex (like buying a house together).

"What would you do or how would you feel if this ever happened to you?":

Look, alot of us have been there and I just want you to know that you're not alone. I've had days where I wish things will just fix themselves but sadly they don't and the only thing we can do is put on a brave face to the world and move forward. I am absolutely sorry that this happened and I do understand what was going on on your end of it. I actually agree with sarahmezz about seeing a counselor. From personal experience, moving on is never an easy thing, it takes time but it is something that needs to be done and you won't be the first or the last person to feel this way so don't feel like you're alone.

I would at least meet with him to tell him my side of the story, clear the air a bit and not for him but for me. To get everything I wanted to say off my chest. I've personally gotten the write the letter advice, but I put everything I want to say in point form so I know exactly what I want to address in the meeting. If he doesn't want to meet you, this is his decision and likewise if he doesn't believe you, that is his decision as well. It is probably just as painful for him as it was for you and he is dealing with it in his own way.

You've got your beautiful little angel now and a loving and supportive mom so I would just focus on what I do have that is good in my life and not focus too much on what I don't have. A good cry behind closed doors always helps me out. If you ever want to talk you can feel free to PM me... because I know sometimes you just need someone to listen and thankfully I've has amazing friends who understand and set aside the time to listen.