Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I'm always surprised to see people with such strong opinions about baby girls with pierced ears. I didn't even know this was an issue before joining Nameberry. I had my ears pierced when I was a few weeks old and wore earrings pretty much every day until fourth grade. I went through a phase where I basically considered myself a boy in 3rd/4th grade, so of course I had no desire to wear earrings. I grew out of that, but I just never bothered to put my earrings back in. I couldn't care less one way or the other if a baby girl has pierced ears. It's just kind of an odd thing to have an opinion about.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    I'd wait to see if the child wants her ears pierced. It's rather unnecessary, unless she chooses to do it as a means of expressing herself. She may prefer to avoid the pain and permanent damage altogether.
    This. I hate parents who pierce their babies ears. What if they don't want them pierced? Let it be their decision. I had to wait till I was 13 and though I don't expect that for any children I have. I want them to come to me and say "I want earrings" before having it done.

It's painful and I wouldn't want to inflict pain on my infant, I don't know how parents handle the screaming....
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

My mom pierced my ears when I was two. She says that I actually asked for them to be pierced, but I can't remember. Anyways, I'm kind of glad that I asked for them back then because it eventually led to me to getting more ear piercings and I love them.
    Ingrid Genevieve | Evanna Yvaine | Winifred Delphine | Saoirse Elaine
    Astra Gillian | Rose Morgana | Irene Lourdes | Danae Andromeda

Damian Orion | Simon Cornelius | Gareth Evan | William Thierry
    Edmund Abraham | Wendell Eleazar | Shepherd Phoenix

While I don't think it's tacky or trashy I will definitely not be piercing a baby girl's ears or circumcising a boy. To me they are both cosmetic procedures and I don't feel comfortable making those decisions for someone else. If they later choose to permanently modify their body that is their decision to make and not mine. Raising them to be a particular religion or dietary preference isn't quite comparable. Those things are not permanent, they can later choose to simply not follow those practices. You can't un-pierce an ear and un-circumcising is rather complicated.

I was 13 when I got my ears pierced the first time and 16 for the second hole. Both are now stretched, I have 4g and 8g tunnels that I adore.

~~ aunt to Sydney, Raeden, Raquel, Kylie, Bradey, Cameron, Emma, Avery, Anniston, Aden, Ayden, and Liam ~~
    ~~doggy mom to Paige and Harley Quinn~~
    ~~hamster mom to Persephone~~
    ~~kitten mom to Seven~~

I think we make a big deal out of nothing . Parents choose other more important desisions for their kids , a piercing ear hurt them ? Its not like we decide something that will change their lives .The holes will closed eventially if the kid doesnt want them and i higly doudt they are going to be hurt espessially when they are babies and dont understand .

I just dont like when i hear people say that piercining ears on a baby is for low class . What that suppose to mean ? You know rich people can be trashy too.Everyone can be trashy .