Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    wait until your child knows what a piercing even is!

what if one day her beliefs are that piercing is unnecessary and she would never willing get them? but is stuck with them because of her mother?

this piercing isnt for your daughter, at this age YOU ARE DOING IT FOR YOURSELF - never a good thing when it comes to kids

i was made to wait till i was 13 - what happened to getting your ears pierced being a rite of passage?
    I'm not sure, but where I come from getting your ear pierced isn't a rite of passage, it's just something every little girl have & in Denmark when you're 13, you get a party(confirmation/nonfimation) as this passage into adulthood.
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~ Ianto Lior~

I pierced Dita's ears when she was four months. I never intended to do it when she was a baby, I've always found it weird, but we were in Italy... and it happened. Everything was fine, she hardly cried at all, and she's not at all interested in playing with them. I'm very thorough with the cleaning of her ears, and the earrings are very classy and cute. It's not like she's wearing hoops or long dangling stuff (she won't be allowed to wear that until she's much older).

Comparing earrings to make-up seems silly to me. It's jewellery, it's no worse than putting little bracelets on baba.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I think babies with pierced ears are adorable. It might be very tempting to me, but I won't do it until she's old enough to ask. Personally I don't feel it's my place to permanently alter her body in the name of fashion.

My BF worked as a piercer, and he pleaded with me not to pierce her ears as a baby. He said it was very upsetting to have to inflict pain on babies like that for no good reason, plus he's seen many infections, earrings being ripped out (even studs), etc.

I had my ears pierced at 4 months by my pediatrician. I don't think most doctors will do it anymore. My mom never had any issues with mine...she kept gold studs in my ears til they were healed and even afterwards only used gold or stainless steel earrings.

My brother had his done at age 4, and got a very bad infection months later...required oral antibiotics, etc.

So personally, my daughter can get her ears pierced when she's old enough to ask for it. I can see the pros of doing it earlier, though.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

I had my ears pierced the day I came home from the hospital. Mom and grandma did it. In fact, my Abuela has pierced every granddaughter's ears. My aunt bought the earrings for me as a gift. Obviously I don't remember, and have never had any issues. I think it's cute.
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    wait until your child knows what a piercing even is!

what if one day her beliefs are that piercing is unnecessary and she would never willing get them? but is stuck with them because of her mother?

this piercing isnt for your daughter, at this age YOU ARE DOING IT FOR YOURSELF - never a good thing when it comes to kids

i was made to wait till i was 13 - what happened to getting your ears pierced being a rite of passage?
    This, to me, is rather aggressive. Personally I would not pierce my childs ears, I will probably insist she waits until teenage years. However, to many people it is cultural or perhaps just traditional. Most liberal people look at tribes who use extensive facial piercings (on very young children) without judgement, and with respect. I don't see much difference here, except that this is much less severe.