Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Silas

Silas

My husband recently told me that his Grandpa is someone he's like to honor. After berries helped us hash out ideas using his first and middle names we decided to look into the surname. It translates forester or waterfall man. I thought of Silas which means of the wood. We also like that it's Biblical although we would be ok with a non-biblical name too.

What would you use for middle names with Silas? We give our children two middle names. Other name suggestions are welcome too.

Some family names we like are
    Neil
    Jamison
    Hugh?
    Keegan?

I am also fond of masculine virtue names like Valor and Courage. Dh is less sure about this idea. I feel like it hads some adventuresome flavor. We would not go for the Danger, Blaze, Havoc kind of vibe.
    Children are all perfectly and wonderfully made

Names we would consider

Elisabetta, Magdalena, Caralana, Elisende/a, Valencia, Snow

I love Silas! I'm not a fan of the virtue names, but that's just my personal style. I love the sound of Silas Hugh, and I have to admit that since that's a very soft (though beautiful!) name, adding in a name like Valor really gives it a kick. I like Silas Valor Hugh. That gets my vote. Very handsome.

Thanks catheyc. I know what you mean about Silas being soft. What do people think about Edmond as a middle name with Silas? I was thinking that the virtue name did sort of spice up Silas.
    Children are all perfectly and wonderfully made

Names we would consider

Elisabetta, Magdalena, Caralana, Elisende/a, Valencia, Snow

I LOVE the name Silas!! Actually one of my faves - too bad DH doesn't go for it...

I like Silas Jamison Hugh...or maybe Silas Keegan Jamison. Lots of great choices

I didn't mean soft as a bad thing, but I think you know that already -- just wanted to make sure. I LOVE Edmond as a middle for Silas!! It sounds great and gives it a terrific strength. And it goes with both your virtue names if you can bring your hubby around to them.