Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New to Nameberry: Cora or Cara?

Hi everyone! I just joined Nameberry, and I have a few questions. My main one is... what name do you prefer:
    Cora or Cara?

I like both, but I wanted to get your guys opinions. Also, even though I'm new, I can already tell that there seems to be 'trolls' on this site. I mean, I look at birth announcements, and a lot of them seem quite fake. I won't name any, and I know it is pretty irrelevant for me to bring this up, but I just find it rude that some people think it's okay to fake a birth, when others can't conceive. Sorry for this little rant... anyways, Cora or Cara? Thank you, berries!

Best regards,
    Julia

Welcome to nameberry, raspberries 18!

I much prefer the name Cora, while Cara is nice, Cora to me is vintage, charming, and classic!

Welcome to the Nameberry :-)

I prefer Cara to Cora. To me Cara seem to be spunkier and more beautiful as a name.It age well and I would be happy to be named that. On the other hand I like Cora but I prefer it as a nn for Coraline ,Corazon,Cornelia etc.

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn

Anything or anyone that doesn't bring you alive

Is too small for you

DAVID WHYTE

I love the name Cara!

Thanks everybody! I love both, but I think one reason I don't like Cora nearly as much is because it doesn't feel as 'completed'. I love Coralie though
    Best regards; Julia

Persephone Kate ; Charlotte Delphine ; Evangeline Karys ; Clara Juliet ; Vera Madeleine

Joseph Scott ; Christopher Callan ; Maxwell Finn ; Noel Carter ; James Nicholas