Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help!

Need help!

Hello everyone!

What do you think about name Damian? What associations first comes to your mind?
    Thanks

Honestly, it isn't my style. I don't know where the connotation comes from, but some people see the name as "evil" or somehow associated with the devil. While I don't personally see the name that way, the fact that other people do might be a deterrent for me. However, it is a real & longstanding name, & I value that. If you love it or it's important to you, go for it!!

Damian is not my style either. I knew a girl named Damian, so I kind of associate it as a girl's name, even though I know it's not. Personally, it's not what I would choose, but go ahead because it's your baby, not mine!
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

I cant get over the Omen connection unfortunately. Its a nice enough name but Im a baby when it comes to scary movies so I couldnt use it.

favorite names this week: Jane Cosima & Lars Augustus

Thanks for your replies.

And my husband and me like this name. But our friends do not advise this name because of strong association with movie "The Omen" and meaning 'evil' )))
    On second place name Adrian. But this name I associate with Adrian Monk. I like this movie but I don't want son like Adrian Monk ))). I prefer 'evil' instead of Monk )))

In my case not so many names to chose, because we trying to find compromise between american and Russian names. We want have american name with some russian variations to call him at home, such as Evan and Vanya (my sons name) or Nicholas and Kolya and etc.

Do you think the boy can live good with name Damian "evil"?