Names Searched Right Now:

Need a name for a female journalist

The character is about 24 years old. She has curly brown hair and big, dark blue eyes. She always wears her hair up in a tight pony-tail and she's never seen without a notepad and pen in her hand. She wears glasses and is about 5'4. She's the lead journalist for a major paper in NYC. She's always on the go, ready to get the "scoop" on the next big thing.

She's very friendly and outgoing and she gets along with everyone she meets. She's patient and loves animals. She has a pet kitten named Hugo and lives in a small, cozy apartment that is filled with books of every kind and old newspapers, which is where she gets her inspiration and passion for journalism.

Names I've considered, but am not sold on:
    Elizabeth Wren
    Lorraine
    Meredith
    Ember
    Arden/Ardyn
    Sophie

Other suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by tdillow; September 5th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

I love Meredith for that mental image, or Sophie. Sophie falls a little sweeter, and the problem with that is that to become a lead reporter in NYC (as a woman, in this economy, at that young age) she'd have to have a lot of grit. Meredith feels very perfect with your description.

Other names that come to mind:
    Alden
    Jane
    Jo / Josephine
    Elinor

She does have grit. She's tough but sweet and gentle and very hardworking. I forgot to put that in the post and your comment reminded me. I have considered Eleanor (prefer this spelling), but it just didn't fit the image I had in my head. Jane seems to sweet for the character. I do like Alden though. It's similar to Arden.
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

Hmm, she sort of sounds like an Olivia to me. It's sweet, but also strong. I think Claire could work as well, for the same reasons. Or what about:
    Juliet
    Nina
    Rita
    Emma
    Katherine/Kate
    Caroline
    Laura/Lauren
    Anna
    I also second Josephine. Very sophisticated, and she could definitely be a Jo, I think.
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia

I really like Meredith
    Some other suggestions:
    -Rachel or Rochelle
    -Jane
    -Susan/Suzanne (Suzie)
    -Vivian
    -Carrie
    -Ellis
    -Ruth
    -Erin
    -Phoebe

Hope I helped!