Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eleanor nn Leah

I think it could work, but I would spell it "Lea" because that part is already in the name. Is your name Eleanor or is it Cassandra like your username?

If you want to change it to Eleanor, but you don't think that you're a Eleanor I wouldn't use the name. Just use Leah by itself. It's a stand alone name.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Ice Cream!

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

If you were naming a baby Eleanor intending to call her Leah, I would say no. But if that's your name, sure, why not? I agree with pp that you should spell it Lea, but even if you add the h, it's still fine. I think Ellie is perfectly fine for an adult, but if you feel you've outgrown it, that's ok. Elle or Ella would be an easier transtion... Or what about Elea pronounced ell-ee-uh? It's pretty, unusual, and makes more sense both from Ellie and Eleanor.

Good luck!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I like the nickname Elle for Eleanor. But if you want to use Lea, why not?
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I think it's a little bit of a stretch.
    I would automatically think Elle, Nora, etc.

What about Lenny? It's different. But I feel like that could work.

I'm pretty liberal when it comes to nicknames, but Leah for Eleanor is a bit too much for me.

I know grown up Ellies, and they're great!