Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Hi there, I'm new to nameberry and nervous about posting my girl name. I would like to know, do you like the name Irasema? it would be pronounced in Spanish (Ee•Rah•Seh•Ma) I really like it and there's family history behind the name. It's very unique and no one I know has it. I'm thinking may be as a middle name since it is very unusual but I can't find a first name to go with it. The first name is the important one. I'm kind of stuck. Any suggestions? We kind of like

Emily
    Kylie
    Adeline
    Valerie
    Melanie
    Liv
    Last edited by aviigail24; September 22nd, 2013 at 09:50 PM.

Hmm...
    I'm not crazy on Irasema I find the pronunciation strange and the name looks visually odd to me as well. BUT I'm not Spanish therefore I will probably find the name unappealing however if you love Irasema you should use it!!

The only name I dislike from the list is Kylie, she feels dated. Have you thought of Callie?

The rest of the 'ily' and 'ie' are pretty names. Emily is a light elegant choice, she's feminine and dainty. Emily feels very upper crust Brit in my eyes thus for me she doesn't work Irasema. Valerie is a sweet choice she has a rural sound and feels very vibrant, I think Valerie works with Irasema. The flow of the name is good as well. Melanie is the best out of the 'ily' and 'ie' names she has a very sing-song vibe which I think matches up nicely Irasema. Melanie Irasema is refreshing and poetic.

Adeline is gorgeous she has a great European flair and feels very pretty. Adeline is an elegant choice and I also love the 'Addie' nickname. Adeline Irasema has a very European sound which I think works stunningly well.

Liv is also one of the best names to go with Irasema, due to her short pretty stance and usable sound. Liv Irasema has the best sound and look out of the bunch. I adore Liv!!

Out of the 'ily' and 'lie' names Melanie is the best. I do love Adeline but Liv has the best vibe she's stylish and elegant.

Irasema is a lovely name and has meaning for you so that is lovely. Out of your list I like Adeline the best! Adeline Irasema is cute as a whole.
    Other suggestions are:
    Paisley
    Evangeline
    Vivienne
    Penelope
    Circe (SUR-SEE)
    Etoilee (ET-W-ARE-LEE)

Bardo Levi nn Bear
    Ford Gatsby

Halcyon Prairie
    Filomena Harbour
    Hebe Evening
    Lucille Poet

I think it's lovely to incorporate a name with meaning in your family. I'm not usually a fan of Emily, but it sounds best with that middle name. I love the name Melanie, though. Best wishes!

Thank you all for your suggestions and opinions I am starting to feel fairly confident about that name. Thanks again