• Bram

5 13.89%
  • Graham

19 52.78%
  • Peter

12 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me name baby boy

DH and I are really struggling to decide on a boys name. We have 2 girls, Anne and Beatrice and a Flemish/Dutch last name. DH is actually Flemish so one of the names we like is Braam, pronounced like Brahms without the s but I'm not sure how it would go over in the US and if we should go with Bram.

We've narrowed it down to the following
    Bram
    Braam
    Graham
    Peter

Or something else?

I think Anne and Beatrice and lovely with either Graham and Peter.

I love Bram and Graham, but Peter strikes me as fitting perfectly with Anne and Beatrice.

I agree, Peter and Graham work best with your daughters names.
    Blythe, Cassidy, Dahlia, Faye, Felicity, Ophelia...
    Clark, Elliot, Ezra, Graham, Holden, James...

Peter is one of my favorite names, so I had to vote for it. For me it would be between Bram and Peter; you already have a B name with Beatrice, so Peter would be my final choice.

The only reason I would not use Graham is it can sound like Gram/Grammy/Grandma - something my boyfriend pointed out, as his paternal grandmother is Gram to him, and mine is Gramma. Before he said that, it was on my list.

Braam is great too, and will definitely look very Dutch with your last name, which I think is awesome, but most people will probably not pronounce it correctly the first (or second or third or any) time around. The double-A throws people off. I've noticed many people spell very old, established names incorrectly when they have the double-A: Arron instead of Aaron, Issac instead of Isaac, etc.