Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Also on a countdown: toeing the line between trendy & traditional?

Hi Berries! I am so happy I found this site, and have seen some great advice so I'm throwing my name list out there for your input. Having a baby in a few weeks and stuck on boy's name. Older brother is Bennett, which I love for the kind of old, English surname aspect, but I also understand that it's more popular and can seem trendy (at least that's what others have told me). So I'd like to do a sibling name that pairs well with Bennett, but leans more traditional. Here's the list:

I'm leaning toward Theodore or Samuel, but I'm not 100 % sure. Also, we don't use a nn for Bennett, so would it be weird to use one with baby? Middle names probably Richard or Michael after family (although we've talked about using Leo/Leopold as middle which is also a family name). Last name two syllables ending in -an.

Clearly I'm confused - any input on my list or other suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by outnumberedbyxy; September 14th, 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Hello! Welcome here.
    Bennett is lovely, I think Harisson is a natural brother - surname-y but not too trendy, with familiar nickname option. And you can totally use a nickname even though elder doesn't have one.
    I also like Nathaniel and Theodore.
    Harrison Leonardo
    Harrison Richard
    Nathaniel Michael
    Theodore Michael
    Do you like Everett, Garrett, Hudson, Fergus(on), Ashton, Wesley?

I love the name Nathaniel, but Nate feels too close to Bennett (Nett/Nate).

I like Theodore but Teddy feels too nickname-y to me next to Bennett. Theo is better, I think.

Harrison, Samuel, and Leo all work well, but my favorite is Wesley. It doesn't feel too formal or too long without a nickname tho it has the option, just like Bennett.
    Last edited by emsky; September 5th, 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: forgot Leo!

I'm biased as I have a Leo and adore the name. Leo and Bennett is a nice set. I don't care for Theodore at all. Nathaniel, Harrison, and Wesley are great names. Samuel is nice, but pretty common. I think you could do Teddy for Nathaniel instead of Nate, and a friend went by Than.

Suggestions:

Bennett and

Sutton
    Winston
    Ronan
    Roman
    Evander nn Evan
    Emerson
    Sawyer
    Tyson
    Thatcher

None of this was very helpful, but your names are great so I don't think you have much to worry about :-)
    *Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/
    Liliana Wren/ Georgiana Snow/ Eugenie Marigold*

*Osias Grey/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn/
    Jasper August/ *

Quote Originally Posted by outnumberedbyxy View Post
    of your list, i'd say the trendy-leaning ones are
    Theodore
    Harrison
    Nathaniel

the more traditional-leaning ones IMO would be
    Samuel
    Leo
    Wesley

i wouldn't pair Nathaniel or Samuel with Michael as a mn to avoid the parallel ending on -el. other than that, i think any combo would work