Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think the problem is that while we both really like it, it's honestly the ONLY name we could agree on so far. We really didn't have much of a choice. We just said "Eloise is a good backup, but let's try to find something better" and nothing ever came up. I'm not sure I'm in love with it.

Part of what's bugging me is the nicknames. I want to use a nickname, but I'm not crazy about the nn possibilities for Eloise. Elle/Ellie are way too popular, Elo is weird, I don't like Lolo, and I really hate Wheezy (which people seem to be bringing up a lot and I don't really get it!). So far I've been favoring Elsie as a nn, but it keeps making me think of Etsy!

It's entirely possible I'm over-thinking it

Have you considered Scarlett Eloise? I think it is a better fit with Gabrielle.

Ok Eloise is not too popular but maybe it's not right for you.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Brigitte
    Bernadette
    Claudette/Colette
    Desiree* ( I really like this one for you. It's French, it has a strong first syllable, and it's familiar here in the states)
    Of course Eloise is lovely if you decide to go for it.
    Good luck!

NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future novelist and screenwriter.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Bryony, Calla, Clara, Clementine, Cora, Delphine, Eleanora, Emmeline, Estella, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jane, Josephine, Lily, Sapphira, Violetta

Favorite Boys:
    Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Wesley, Wyatt

Our last name is super creepy, think along of the lines of Grave or Mort. So while I don't mind Scarlett as a middle name, it's kind of ridiculously goth as a first name! Unfortunately....