Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cravings

Cole slaw, iceberg lettuce, and Caesar salad

Also chicken croquettes from a diner...sadly impossible to find around here. I still haven't gotten those!
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Before I found out I was pregnant, I ate asparagus for a week straight. I could not get enough.

Lately it's been sushi (veggie only,) Starburst, red apples, potato chips. I can't even think about eating fish or garlic, which were two of my favorites before. I'm still feeling nauseated, so a craving for me right now is the feeling of actually wanting to eat something.

Ottilie - Stuffed peppers? Stuffed wine leaves? Sounds delicious, when's dinner? I tried being Vegan for a couple years but I made a much better Vegetarian. These days I eat whatever but in terms of meat I prefer only seafood and some poultry. I had a couple major red meat cravings around 12 weeks though and I just went with it. What baby wants, baby gets!

Lineska - I'll eat just about anything deep fried but chicken croquettes are a particular favourite! A lot of the time you can buy them at little dutch shops or delis, if you have any of those in your area.

R_j how far along are you? I had a friend who's nausea lasted her whole pregnancy, hopefully it will let up for you soon With my last daughter I don't remember having any serious food aversions but I was really sensitive to smells. I worked in an office at the time and there was this one man who would make those Ramen noodle bowls at 10AM (WHY!?) and I would literally have to run out of the area.

Also I am terrible about remembering my prenatal vitamins so if I have a craving I try to figure out what my body is really trying to say. There are charts on the internet that say if you're craving bread or whatever, what your body really needs and other healthy ways to get those nutrients.
    New username is @ truenature

I only "craved" Apple Pie from the Soul Food place up the street from my old apartment. But let's be honest, I am always craving that but pregnancy encouraged me to indulge once a week! I didn't really crave anything, I just gave into temptation more. I also ate simpler foods when I was cooking because smells got to me. This led me to make healthy clean-eating type choices in the best of times & bad pre-made choices in the worst of times. But all-in-all, I didn't gain too much more than they say you should & I had a healthy pregnancy. I just kept telling myself the pre-natal vitamins took care of my nutrition!

I used to crave meat and milk very bad during pregnancy. That's hard when both you and SO used to be vegans but now he is alone! I stepped off and now watch him eating salads, spinach and stuff while I eat grilled juicy steak. I decide to continue my pre-vegan diet while I BF but I am not sure for after.
    @Lineska: Now I want Caesar salad. Gonna eat something now.