Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cravings

Cravings

Tell me about your pregnancy cravings - lately all seem to I want are dairy and sweets, but this evening I am craving Egg salad and beef Stroganoff (both things I usually think are totally gross)
    New username is @ truenature

Normally I have a serious sweet tooth-- honestly I love pastries and cakes. But this pregnancy has totally turned that off for me. At first I had no cravings because I was so sick.
    But finally in the end if the 18th week/beginning of the 19th weeks I have felt a little better and I am craving spicy Mexican food. I could devour some tacos or a carnitas burrito right now-- extra spicy salsa on the side! (Heartburn be damned!) Deviled eggs are up there too! So I get your egg salad craving. I may have to whip up a batch tomorrow.... Too bad no one but me likes them :/
    *~*Proud Mommy Of Evan Alexzander*~*

Currently Loving:
    Girls- Alice, Laurel, Hazel, Josephine, Clara, Emmeline, Penelope
    Boys- Dexter, Everett, Levi, Felix, Emmett, Jasper, Rhys, Declan

You know, I'm not sure if I've had any real "cravings" per se, but I definitely have some aversions. Not good ones either - pretty much every vegetable just sounds gross to me. I was eating a ton of fruit to try to make up for it but lately I have such bad acid that I'm avoiding that too. So like you said, I've been mostly eating dairy (lots of yogurt) and sweets. My energy is really starting to flag so I think I'm going to start forcing myself to eat better. I am still taking my vitamins too so that makes me worry less about my veggie intake but still, I know I need to do better. Who has the energy to cook at Week 27??? Bah. I've also been eating a lot of starch - toast, bagels, english muffins. :-/
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Oh man, I'm okay with vegetables (I mean I don't WANT to eat them but I will if I have to) but Salad is so gross to me right now. It is probably my only food aversion. Unless the dressing's really sweet like a Maple Balsamic or something. My husband tried to get us to do a "healthy eating month" for July and it totally tanked - I just ended up sneaking like 4 ice cream bars per day.
    I ate terribly with my last pregnancy too.

Also, I LOVE deviled eggs.
    New username is @ truenature

My first pregnancy I had one real craving which was meat. Not so practical for a vegan. I gave in though and had steak a few times. I got hooked, so my vegan lifestyle jumped out the window. This pregnancy I'm craving sweets... gummy bears, chocolate, cake, ice cream. I don't want fish or seafood, it makes me nauseous (except for grilled squid). Luckily I still love vegetables and pulses, that's my main diet anyway. And I eat minced beef and chicken if it's really juicy and delicious. And lots lots lots of lasagna and pasta dishes. And stuffed peppers. And stuffed wine leaves. And baked eggs on swiss chard. Gosh, I'm hungry...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]