Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Revised list for your consideration :)

okay i arm wrestled Corey into at least rating all the names on my list 1-5 and this is what we've narrowed our names down to.
    would love to hear your thoughts & impressions, combos and suggestions.
    thanks!

Athena
    Indira
    Esparanza - any ideas of possible nicknames aside from Essie?
    Sage
    Saffron
    Arcadia
    Valencia - can anyone think of similar names? Corey says he likes the style of this one
    Isobel
    Zia
    Pandora
    Coral
    Avalon

we have lots of time before baby is born to decide, but i'd like to be able to call her by her name while she's still in there!
    we picked up lots of names from your suggestions! we would love to have more, so keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by katieydenberg; September 4th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
    New username is @ truenature

I have a lot of similar names on my list! I loved Zia as an alternative to the popular Zoe.

I'm not crazy about the spice names (Sage and Saffron).

I like Arcadia (it's on my list), but not quite sure I have the guts to use it!

I love Avalon, except my family is French and in French "avalons" means to swallow! Not good for me, but beautiful if you're not French!

Other names on my list along the same style: Azalea, Odelia, Juniper, Ambrosia, Bryony.

Good luck!

Some possible combos from your list

Athena Sage
    Valencia Coral

Other names to consider

Astoria
    Calliope
    Delphine
    Magnolia
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I love Avalon from your list. I think that's really pretty. I think you could easily keep people from shortening it to Ava (especially since the "Ava" part is pronounced differently). Azula & Avalon would be cute sister names! Avalon Coral? Avalon Isabel?

I have been meeting a lot of people lately, and hearing/reading from a lot of other people who don't let their children's names get shortened, and it's not that huge of a problem. I think if you introduce your daughter as Avalon, it would be very weird for someone to say, "oh, hi Ava!" Maybe when she's a teen she'd want to shorten it, or her buddies might shorten it for her, but that would be up to her at that point. Just my opinion