Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Having twins in a few weeks and we cannot decide on the boy's name

Hi there!!

I'm 32 weeks pgnant with twins and we cannot decide on the name for our little baby boy
    I'm Spanish and my husband is English, so we kind of need an international name that both families can pronounce. Also a name that doesn't sound too English, because we live in Spain.
    We always knew that if we had a girl, her name would be Iris, but we are not sure about the boy's name. The only names we both like are LUCAS, LUCA, MAX and IAN, but not in the same order. My husband preffers Lucas, while I like Ian and Max.
    Since he suggested the girl's name, he says I have the final word on this one, but I cannot make the final decision!

What do you think!?

Max and Iris : We both like the way they sound together and I think Max is a strong name, and not over used in Spain.
    Lucas and Iris: Husband's choice because of a dream where he was called Lucas.
    Iris and Luca: Husband would accept this one, but preffers Lucas, and I don't know, but I think I preffer Luca to Lucas.
    Iris and Ian: I love the name Ian and I've been calling him Ian since month 5....but for him sounds too common.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by irisangell; September 4th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

I think Iris and Lucas would sound a bit matchy-matchy, both being two-syllables and ending in 's', and I do love the pairing of Max and Iris. Iris and Maximilian also sounds good together - perhaps that would be too English though? Ian and Iris - again, two-syllables and matching 'i's; I think that might set you into a rut if you have more children. Do you like Lucan? It's sort of a Lucas/Luca/Ian inspired name and sounds great with Iris! Good luck.

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I like either Iris & Lucas or Iris & Max.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

are you doing middle names? if so, that might help trying to find a combo you both agree on.

i personally like Luca / Lucas best. while Luca would be my personal preference, i think there's something to be said about Lucas since it hasn't gotten much attention lately! Luca on the other hand is pretty popular at the moment. (not sure if you care about that?)

i actually think Iris and Lucas go very well together. but the same can be said about Iris and Luca.

about Ian.. what about Lucian? Lucien? with Ian as a potential nickname?

Iris and Maxmillion (Ion sounds like Ian) for nn
    Or Iris and Luca. That sounds great. I love both name. Iris and Luca Maximus ?