Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What first & middle name combination do you prefer?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poppy Bohemia

13 26.00%
  • Adeline Bohemia

21 42.00%
  • Adeleine Bohemia

7 14.00%
  • Poppy Elizabeth

23 46.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tough Middle Name- Help Needed

My grandmother was very dear to me and I would love to honor her by including her name as a middle name to our first daughter we are expecting in December. However, it's a difficult middle name. Her name was Bohemia. We really like the names Adeleine (ad-uh-lihn), Adeline (ad-uh-line) and Poppy, however we don't want her name to sound too hippy-ish. Poppy had meaning to us as we were in Italy purchasing a street painting from an artist of a Poppy when we decided we wanted to have children. The other two we just really like. Thoughts? (FYI- our last name is one syllable if that helps) The other option is to find a different way of honoring my grandmother and go with a different middle name.

Poppy Bohemia
    Adeline Bohemia
    Adeleine Bohemia
    Poppy Elizabeth (Elizabeth is my sister's middle name, she named her first daughter's middle name after mine)

Bohemia is unusual. It was a place name in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic). I think Adeline Bohemia would be your best option. I don't like the Bo-Po of Poppy Bohemia but I guess you could always go for two mn's if Poppy has significance: Adeline Poppy Bohemia.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree that Adeline Bohemia has the best flow!

Is using Bohemia as a first name out? I vote for Poppy Bohemia or Bohemia Poppy since these have meaning to you. Generally I find it harder to start out with the mn and try to find a fn that way.. The fn will be used most of all so you should really be on board with that one. Which is why I wondered whether Bohemia could be a fn option!

I want to love Poppy because it is such a lovely story and it has significance for you, but I think that Poppy paired with Bohemia is just a little too... well, bohemian/hippie. Would you consider using Poppy for a nickname? I know Poppy has been used as a nn for Penelope, or maybe Paloma or Philippa. Or perhaps you could use a flower name you like.

Of the other names you selected, Adeline Bohemia has a nice flow and I do like a pp suggestion of using two middles so you can have Adeline Bohemia Poppy or Adeline Poppy Bohemia.