Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too common?

Delilah Aurora does sound classic. It was mainly the double letter repitition 'l' then 'r' aside from 'ah' end.
    I'm not really a fan of masculine sounding names on girls but it is a middle and I do like Spruce aesthetically (i was going to edit my earlier post to add that bit but i decided not to)

If it's pronounced Tar-Mee-gan I like it as it is sufficently close to Megan (a name I love) for me and it is just a middle after all.
    If you want the bird name Wren seems to be a popular choice on here.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by giinkies; September 4th, 2013 at 12:27 AM.

I also agree with Saraann12 in that the bible association is an after thought for me... I only made that connection after someone else brought it up.
    I think Delilah is a gorgeous name

All are good choices.
    Name favorites :

Alana, Scarlett, Alexandria, Annalise, Gianna, Marcella, Kayla, Arabella, Julianna, Anastasia, Jovanna

Cole, William, Samuel, Caleb, Rylan, Roman, Grayson, Jackson, Joseph, Caden, Christian, Joshua

Delilah has a lovely sound but I can't get over her Bible story. If you are not very religious, that may be fine but I would never use or recommend it.
    I like Lex/Lexi as a nickname for Alexandra, I find it prettier than Alex. Sasha is a good one too.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

I think Delilah is just common enough to where people don't associate it solely with the bible story much anymore; and even then, it not like she was a horrible, depraved, completely evil person; just a traitor to poor Samson (okay, maybe a little worse) But it is a beautiful name : )
    Raphael Benedict-Peter Lazarus-Jude Sebastian-Eli Balthasar-Samuel Crispin

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Ophelia-Charlotte Valentine

Scarlett-Astrid-Larkspur-Afton-Haidée-Becket-Eamon-Percy-Arthur-Scully