Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ethany

Ethany

What do you think of this name? Like Bethany without the B. I've only heard it on a little girl whose brother's name was Ethan. That's too matchy for me. But I really like the name!

Huh... it's definitely unique. I think it's pretty and mythical sounding. Like a goddess. But I don't really like the spelling, although I don't know how you would spell it any different. It's too close to Ethan for me, and a bit too masculine because of that. But I don't think it's terrible.
    Baby girl coming July 9th

Esme Francesca Gianna Charis Isis Petra Celeste Stella Audrey
    Jasmine Gwen Carmen Lola Scarlett Nadia Nadine Stephanie
    Marina Jacqueline Rhiannon Mariah Dahlia Winter Ariadne Phaedra

To be honest, my first thought was ethanol. Ethany is okay, and gives you nicknames like Ettie or Etta or even Annie, but I much prefer Bethany.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I thought of Ethanol, too. It looks made-up and sounds bad--Ethan works because it has a hard Ee sound. Ethany loses that appeal.

I would have pronounced it EE-thun-ee, like Ethan, and really dislike Bethany, so it's a no from me. Sorry!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe