Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nobody Does It Like Juliet

A long time favourite of mine, is the classic, beautiful, perfectly feminine Juliet. However, the negative connections to the play (curse you Shakespeare for making Juliet a suicidal teenager, haha) and, a new song by my favourite band, Lawson (Juliet is a 1920's mobster girl, played by Kelly Brook in the video, who happens to be a classy jewel thief/gold digger...). These aside (I know most people wouldn't make the connection to the song, unless they're a teenaged girl in the UK), is Juliet still a beautiful, usable name, or will a little Juliet forever be picked on thanks to Shakespeare?
    haley/happy birthday to me/officially nineteen.

Girls: Doris, Georgiana, Amelia, Lillian, Edna, Clara, Minnie, Mabel, Arabella

Boys: Matthew, Christopher, Daniel, Louis, Ernest, James, Joshua, Harrison, Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~

Shakespeare wouldn't even cross my mind and I haven't heard the song either.
    Juliet is fine. It's actually not that unusual here in the US
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

When I read your title, I immediately sang the song :P
    I don't think Juliet is too associated with anything. I wouldn't be surprised to meet a Juliet and I wouldn't think of Shakespeare. When I heard the name of my mam's friend, I didn't think "Oh, like Romeo & Juliet," I thought, "That's a pretty name."

I love Juliet, and it's not so unusual that it will solely be associated with Shakespeare (or the Dire Straits song, which I sung when I read your title...) Good luck!

I've known several girls named Juliet.

I admit, the first connection is to Shakespeare's character, but I think most people have a pretty vague idea of her in their minds. Sort of like Caesar or Guinevere.

It's definitely usable. I've never heard of the song, so I can't imagine the connection lasting very long and if anything it will just make the name easier to swallow for people. The way the song did for Delilah.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin