Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nobody Does It Like Juliet

A long time favourite of mine, is the classic, beautiful, perfectly feminine Juliet. However, the negative connections to the play (curse you Shakespeare for making Juliet a suicidal teenager, haha) and, a new song by my favourite band, Lawson (Juliet is a 1920's mobster girl, played by Kelly Brook in the video, who happens to be a classy jewel thief/gold digger...). These aside (I know most people wouldn't make the connection to the song, unless they're a teenaged girl in the UK), is Juliet still a beautiful, usable name, or will a little Juliet forever be picked on thanks to Shakespeare?
    I've been staring at the hotel ceiling,
    Drinking everything I've found this evening,
    Trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling,
    So I'll never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

Shakespeare wouldn't even cross my mind and I haven't heard the song either.
    Juliet is fine. It's actually not that unusual here in the US
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

When I read your title, I immediately sang the song :P
    I don't think Juliet is too associated with anything. I wouldn't be surprised to meet a Juliet and I wouldn't think of Shakespeare. When I heard the name of my mam's friend, I didn't think "Oh, like Romeo & Juliet," I thought, "That's a pretty name."

I love Juliet, and it's not so unusual that it will solely be associated with Shakespeare (or the Dire Straits song, which I sung when I read your title...) Good luck!

GIRLS: Carlotta Miriam BenedikteMarguerite Airlie SusannahElisabet Ruth Frederica

Car Baby Tuppence Zosia Mabel---------------------------------------------Recent Fancies: Hamish Idris February & Vivian Tamsin Blythe

I've known several girls named Juliet.

I admit, the first connection is to Shakespeare's character, but I think most people have a pretty vague idea of her in their minds. Sort of like Caesar or Guinevere.

It's definitely usable. I've never heard of the song, so I can't imagine the connection lasting very long and if anything it will just make the name easier to swallow for people. The way the song did for Delilah.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin