Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which nickname for Alannah (Al-on-nah)?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lani (lawn-ee)

8 20.00%
  • Allie

12 30.00%
  • Lola

9 22.50%
  • Annie

6 15.00%
  • Other? (please comment with your choice)

5 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lani, Lola, Allie or Annie? Nickname for Alannah

I've decided to go by my middle name (Alannah, pn Al-on-nah), and, as most names do, I expect that my college classmates will likely shorten it. I'm not an Allie fan, (although I do love The Notebook association!) So I'm thinking up nicknames I could possibly go by. I really liked the suggestions of Lani and Lola yesterday (my mum wasn't keen on Lola though, due to the song about the prostitute). I like Annie, but I'm worried that it will cause pronunciation problems (Ah-lan-nah vs Al-on-nah), or that it will be too cutesy. Which nickname would you use? Or do you have another suggestion? Thank you!

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Lana would be nn I thought of for Alannah.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

What about Ani, pronounced ON-ee?

I like Lana :-) As for Ani, I think too many people would assume it's Annie and spell it that way. I'm trying to for something easily recognizable and easy to spell, considering Haley's never been one that people spell correctly.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Hmm. You could probably get away with Lea/Leah, if you like it? The lee sound in Haley plus the a sound of your mn...