• Andrew

16 72.73%
  • Thomas

8 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Andrew or Thomas

Shortly after my last baby was born, I came around to one of my husband's favorite names - Andrew. It seemed like the obvious sibling to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, and James. Now that I'm actually expecting, I'm remembering how much we love the name Thomas. Hubby is concerned that it doesn't work with our last name Tys0n.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: loving Grace, Sarah, Nell, Stella, Emily, Lucy, Mary, Caroline or Elizabeth
    Future boy: not loving anything

I like Andrew better with your surname, and also I think it sounds better if you are still going to go with mn Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by lizabethm View Post
    I like Andrew better with your surname, and also I think it sounds better if you are still going to go with mn Lawrence.
    I think I'd have to forgo Lawrence if we went with Andrew. I'd probably go with Nathaniel, Jude, or some other New Testament name as my other three boys have New Testament first and middle names. I'd like to honor the multiple Lawrences in mine and dh's family, but it obviously isn't a pressing priority as I've named 3 sons without doing so =)
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: loving Grace, Sarah, Nell, Stella, Emily, Lucy, Mary, Caroline or Elizabeth
    Future boy: not loving anything

Thomas is one of my favorite names! I understand though because I have a "T" last name and it would not sound great. Plus, we did not like the initials TT.

I like Thomas better as a name objectively, but I think Andrew works better for you both with your surname and with your sibset. Though Andrew Thomas Tys0n would be very handsome if you haven't decided on a middle name yet. The fact that most of your children have non-nicknameable names makes me want you to step away from Thomas, as I'm not sure Tom/Tommy would match up quite the same and most Thomases I know (literally all bar one) go by a nickname, whereas Andrew is less likely to be nicknamed to the same extent.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George