Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name should i choose?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ruby

17 21.79%
  • Sylvie

30 38.46%
  • Iris

19 24.36%
  • Cleo

12 15.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: a new sister

I voted for Sylvie. Sylvie Iris or Sylvie Ruby would be stunning!
    Here are some more ideas that you might like:
    Mom to:
    Beatrice Rose (Bea)
    Sylvia Alice (Sylvie)

If we have a third child one day:
    Charlotte (Lottie), Emma, Isadora, Claire, Nora, Clementine, Lucy, Eleanor, Camille, Elodie, Vivian, Briony
    Felix, Bennett, Oliver, James, Leo, Benjamin, Henry, Jack, Vincent, Simon, Alexander

I can see any one of these names work well with Violet. If you want them to match then I would suggest Ruby or Iris but, if you want the names to be different I would say go for Cleo or Sylvie : )

Oh, so close between Ruby and Sylvie!

Am I cheesy for loving that Violet and Iris are both vintage flower names? They sound like a pair of sisters straight out of Downtown Abbey!

As much as I love Ruby and Cleo, they both felt too loud as sisters for a name as serene and Austen-like as Violet. Sylvie was a close second to Iris, but there is something about Violet and Iris that I wouldn't be able to let go of!

If you do go with Iris, I would suggest that all future sisters have a more subtle flower name. Delphine, perhaps?
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I love all of your options. Sylvie and Iris are my favorites, but I voted Sylvie. If I had a Violet and an Iris, I'd want the next girl to also have a flower name like Calla or Bryony. It's an elegant theme, but I worry about themes being limiting.

Ruby and Violet is also very nice, though then I'd want the next daughter to have a color name like Pearl. I don't feel that themes have to carry across genders, though, or even that themes have to continue.

Cleo isn't my favorite, and the EO plus the IO of Violet feel tongue-twisty to me.