Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

opinions on Hallie Summer. Please help!

I love the name Hallie. I am looking for middle names. I like Hallie Summer and Hallie Jade. Our last name is Sauder and I don't think Hallie Summer Sauder sounds right. What is your opinion on it? Any other suggestions for Hallie?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by new_mama View Post
    I love the name Hallie. I am looking for middle names. I like Hallie Summer and Hallie Jade. Our last name is Sauder and I don't think Hallie Summer Sauder sounds right. What is your opinion on it? Any other suggestions for Hallie?
    I think Hallie and Summer both sound very 70's. If that doesn't bother you and you still want to use Hallie, since Summer won't work, my suggestion is to find a less 70's ish or more modern OR more classic name. Anna, Annika, Rose, Charlotte, Blue, Shiloh, Violet...

How is "Hallie" pronounced? Is the first syllable pronounced "Hall," (as in hall-way), making the pronunciation similar to "Holly"? Is it more like Haley? Is it Hallie with an "ah," like "Sally"?
    I guess the potential pronunciation issues are my main complaint.
    The short list
    (my list criteria: classic, simple, elegant, must have family and/or cultural significance)

Boys list: Simon, Max, Benjamin, Joseph, Jonah*
    Girls list: Jane, Miriam, Ruth, Ann*

I like the sound of Hallie Summer but I agree Summer Sauder is a bit much.
    I'd go with Hallie Jade

Its like Sally but with the H sound.