Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    I actually kind of like Periwinkle but - I agree with you there. It might only be appropriate for Thumbelina sized faeries.

From your most recently updated list I really like these:
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor - He does sometimes change his mind. Maybe he just needs to get used to Gwyneira.
    Isolde Lothiriel Aurora - I love Aurora and this combo is just gorgeous.
    Isolde Lyonesse MabIsolde Lothiriel Mab? - I like the idea of Lothieriel, but I don't love it as much as Lyonesse. Lyonesse is just more special.

Isolde Astrid Heleyne - This feels too normal in comparison to your other combos. Maybe something like Isolde Astrid Lothiriel or Isolde Amoret Heleyne would be better (though any Amoret name burns red hot passion to me).
    Isolde Tinuviel Aurora - Tinuviel is all Morgana to me now. (Check out the name-nerdiness behind that sentence). It feels weird with Isolde.
    Isolde Elbereth Snow - So I've been thinking about this one for a while and while I like it, I prefered Isolde Elbereth Seren. Here's why. You are already having a February baby -> putting the name snow in her name (especially when all her names are wintery) feels too on the nose, too obvious an d just to blunt. You always have amazing names you like and Snow just doesn't quite measure up.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

Isolde Ophelia Noor

All my fried brain can think of at the moment.

Isolde Astrid Heleyne - Something about Astrid is so chic, and then there's the Pippi connection. Feels starry yet down to earth.
    Isolde Brigid Lothiriel - This one's kind of all over the place imo.
    Isolde Clemency Synneve - Clemency is grounding, direct, and tender. Synneve has a beautiful meaning, and a tie to your Norwegian roots. Lovely.
    Isolde Elbereth Snow - prefer Elbereth w/Heleyne. It has more heft.
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter - Euphrosyne is so arcane and Winter so straightforward.. I like both names, but not together.
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor - Hm. Gwyneira is so very Celtic, and Noor has this Moorish feeling about it- I see light streaming through a quiet tiled courtyard's aperture. Kohled eyes and hennad hands, green silk. I think Isolde and Noor could be fabulous together, but they'd need a different intermediary...
    Isolde Euphrosyne Noor?
    Isolde Noor Heleyne? I believe Noor is often used as part of compound names, like Jean-Marie.. So I really like Isolde Noor Heleyne, because it has that French compound-name feeling, but also feels Medieval and Arab-inflected.
    Isolde Heleyne Amoret - yes please.
    Isolde Heleyne Elbereth - yes.
    Isolde Lothiriel Astrid - Awkward to my ears. "What kind of Astrid?" "A lothiriel Astrid."
    Isolde Lothiriel Aurora - Makes me feel like I have marbles in my cheeks when I say it.
    Isolde Lyonesse MabIsolde Lothiriel Mab? - Hate to see Mab hidden in the middle. I think she falls a bit flat here.
    Isolde Natasha Euphrosyne - clash of worlds, again.
    Isolde Natasha Lothiriel - see above.
    Isolde Natasha Solenne - yes. This is lovely.
    Isolde Sunneva Heleyne - pretty, but doesn't knock my socks off.
    Isolde Tinuviel Aurora - "What kind of Aurora?" "A tinuviel Aurora."

Wow, how did I miss this for three days? I must actually be attending classes or something. Once again, gorgeous imagery! It reminds me of the scene in Catherine Breillat's Belle Endormie where the girl rides the reindeer under the northern lights. So lovely.

Isolde Astrid Heleyne - A bit D-heavy? I may be biased because Isolde has never been my favorite and neither has Astrid (us Americans and our silly, gratuitous-R-less swearing.) But I agree that Heleyne is perfect as an Isolde middle.
    Isolde Brigid Lothiriel - Also D-heavy? Love the L's, though. Isolde Lothiriel [anything] sounds good.
    Isolde Clemency Synneve - Hmm. I think Synneve Clemency flows slightly better.
    Isolde Elbereth Snow - Lovely! How about Elbereth Noor?
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter - Cute. Not as nice as some of your other ones, though.
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor - Super gorgeous meaning. Wow.

I have to go to class; I'll do the others and maybe some comboing when I get back!
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Iphigenia Cleo
    Emmett Kieran August Malcolm Zephyr

I think Natasha or Winter or Snow or Heleyne should definitely be somewhere, they're all perfect with miss Solly!