Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I absolutely love Euphrosyne and Eurydice with Isolde. Persephone is melodic next to Isolde as well, but she feels a bit less icy to me. Really, your whole list is beautiful. Isolde Eurydice Heleyne is probably my favorite name from the husband-approved category. Stunning

The literality of Snow and Winter make these two names a bit less alluring to me, but they certainly are undeniably evocative. I recall Solene being on your original winter girl list from way back. Is she still under consideration? I think all of these are lovely.
    Isolde Eurydice Solene
    Isolde Euphrosyne Solene**
    Isolde Hermione Solene
    Isolde Sunneva Solene
    Isolde Natasha Solene
    Isolde Aurora Solene

I also wanted to suggest: Isolde Sunneva Chione/Khione
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catherine, Cordelia Iseult, Cosima Beatrix, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair

You will now have a post that is just me rambling about the names I prefer. Combos are eluding me, compared to Sessh, I think Isolde might be the most difficult one! But: I love Heleyne! I like Lothiriel. And I especially love Elbereth paired with Isolde. I really don't like Eurydice for the sake of Orpheus. Hermione doesn't have the right imagery to me. And I think you might regret using Khione/Chione...

Isolde Elbereth Snow- is my favorite of these combos. I like how Snow would pair with Marian for the whole Disney princess thing. =]

Isolde Euphrosyne Winter- I like Euphrosyne a lot, but I'm not a fan of Winter. Unlike Snow, it just seems like a random description word whereas all your other names are names that invoke the imagery you are trying to produce. I lean toward being less literal. Natasha seems to fit amazingly though...
    Isolde Natasha Euphrosyne?
    Isolde Euphrosyne Heleyne?
    Isolde Elbereth Heylene?
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Heleyne is an incredible find. Perfect with Isolde. My favorite combination in terms of pure sound is Isolde Helyne Elbereth, but the imagery of Elbereth is unclear to me- I don't remember that part of LOTR. It's feathery-lispy-elfin... but what does it mean?

Isolde Heleyne Eluned
    Isolde Heleyne Rosalba
    Isolde Heleyne Berenice
    Isolde Heleyne Angeliki (or Angelica)
    Isolde Heleyne Philomel (means nightingale, I'm sure you know)
    Isolde Heleyne Marguerite
    Isolde Heleyne Maud
    Isolde Heleyne Idony
    Isolde Heleyne Amoret
    Isolde Heleyne Antonina
    Isolde Heleyne Otylia (Polish version of Ottilie?)

I want to use Olwen here, because of her wintry "white footprint" meaning, but I see her as more of a wilderness tracker type- she's rugged but walks softly on the earth, and maybe she has an animal familiar who's a great snowy owl...
    Isolde is more like white velvet, glass slippers, opals and pearls.
    Besides Isolde+Olwen is too much OL.

[QUOTE=ottilie;2049541] and Husband, being half Check, has grown up watching it too.[/SIZE]

Do you mean your husband is half Czech?

The ones from the original post was supposed to be up there too, they're still very much in the running.

Bonfire; thank you!

Allie; ah, goodie! I like your combos (I very much dislike Thisbe though...), but I think Isolde Lucia Persephone is the prettiest!

Sessha; Top five, ranked and with comments?! Amazing. I love the Isolde Euphrosyne Winter one too. Brigid is BRIED or BREE-jid, we can't decide. Heleyne is HEh-layn.Yes, "too cute". I'm trying to explain to him that "too cute" is suitable for the blonde, blue eyed little bunny we're going to have (I assume the genetic weirdness with Roo was a one time thing and that this one will play along with the family dna!). Husband thinks Lumi is a silly name, that it's something a toddler will say instead of what they were supposed to. And that it reminds him of gloomy.

Goodkarma; yeah, I'm kind of hoping so to at the moment! Elowen's fine, Husband is not keen though.

Lex; yeah, go you! I'm hoping Husband will come around to Gwyneira, like I said to Sessha I'm trying to remind him that we are having a cute little girl, too cute is kind of irrelevant. It's not like I'm suggesting Twinkletoes or Periwinkle. Oh, I love Ginnifer Goodwin! But her name is so clunky... she's amazing though, and so beautiful. Yes, list is long and beautiful, too many good names that go well with missy Issy.

Moonie; oh my goodness. I was reading your comments in the car and I squeed rather loudly when I saw Isolde Lothiriel Astrid. It's utterly beautiful! So much twinkle and starshine in one name. Thank you!!! Tinuviel's not off, she's with Morgana. She could fit in nicely here too though, Isolde Aurora Tinuviel is gorgeous.

Victoria; thank you!

Olympia; ooh, I do like Isolde Natasha Icicle. Thanks!

Sorceress; thanks!

Reverie; Oh, I love Isolde Euphrosyne Solenne and Isolde Natasha Solenne! Gorgeous, thank you! The only thing is that my dream Ceridwen combo would be off the table...

Amy; rambling is fine, I do that all the time . I think you're right about Eurydice, I can't do that to Orpheus. And Chione... yes, it's the same, it would ruin my perfect Ceridwen (if Husband ever starts loving this one!). Winter, I see what you mean. It's really there because it's one of my most favouritest songs of all time ever. But Snow is softer, and it does bring in Snow White, even though I never really cared much for her. I love Snow in Once Upon a Time though. I'm glad you like Natasha, she's quickly becoming my favourite for Isolde. Isolde Natasha Euphrosyne is stunning! Thank you sweetie!

Emma; Elbereth is another name for Varda, the goddess of the heavens in Tolkien's realm. It means "star queen". Isn't Heleyne wonderful? I was so worried it would be trashed here... I love Isolde Heleyne Amoret, Isolde Heleyne Angelica and Isolde Heleyne Berenice all so so much! Beauties. Thank you!!

Haw; no, my husband is half a check. It's very handy . No, I did indeed mean half Czech.

Update on names we like:
    Isolde Astrid Heleyne
    Isolde Brigid Lothiriel
    Isolde Clemency Synneve
    Isolde Elbereth Snow
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor - keeping this in spite of someones stupid feelings.
    Isolde Heleyne Amoret
    Isolde Heleyne Elbereth
    Isolde Lothiriel Astrid
    Isolde Lothiriel Aurora
    Isolde Lyonesse MabIsolde Lothiriel Mab?
    Isolde Natasha Euphrosyne
    Isolde Natasha Lothiriel
    Isolde Natasha Solenne
    Isolde Sunneva Heleyne
    Isolde Tinuviel Aurora
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]