Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Oh Otter, I know I keep saying this, but this is my favorite one yet! The pictures you provided are unbelievably magical, especially 1, 3, and 7. I'm listening to the song on repeat as I look for suggestions and come up with combos ^_^

Suggestions:
    Euphrosyne - as I said way back when, this is my absolute favorite name to pair with Isolde. The frosty sound, the beautiful myth, and the connection to Aphrodite all make me extremely happy!
    Snow - On the surface this is very literal, but I am reminded of all the Snow White stories, particularly the more empowered interpretations of her in Once Upon a Time and Snow White and the Huntress. There's also many variations on this name, including Lumi, Eira / Eirwen / Gwyneira (!!!), and Rima.
    Lyra - Image number 7 always vividly reminds me of the HDM trilogy. Given Lyra's yearnings for the North and all of her time in places like Svalbard, the name has very wintry associations for me
    Clara - The Nutcracker...perhaps more Christmassy than we're aiming for, but inexplicably linked in my mind to ballet, flowing white nightgowns, hot chocolate, and snowflakes
    Alcyone - I'm on the fence about this one, but she is a wintry name so I'm suggesting her Alcyone is the kingfisher goddess, who nests every winter for two weeks, making the seas calm and peaceful during that time.
    Demeter - seconding the Persephone idea, as this is a perfect winter-into-spring name. Also suggesting Demeter!
    Beira - Celtic queen of winter who rules from Samhain to Beltane
    Astrid - because Image number 3 smacks of Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon, just all grown-up and modelesque. I love that character though! And a name meaning "divinely beautiful" can't hurt to throw into the mix, with Aphrodite for a sister
    Celeste / Celestia / Celestine - for the starshine
    Bianca - Shakespearean connection to share with her sister, plus the snowy white image
    Eirlys - if I remember correctly, this means snowdrop! What an adorable image, and perfect for an Imbolc baby.

Combos:
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter
    Isolde Gwyneira Celeste
    Isolde Euphrosyne Eirlys - lots of E's, I know, but with the different vowel sounds I think it works
    Isolde Clara Eurydice
    Isolde Lyra Heleyne
    Isolde Seren Alcyone
    Isolde Lumi Elbereth
    Isolde Eurydice Astrid - so icy and strong
    Isolde Heleyne Persephone
    Isolde Euphrosyne Olwen
    Isolde Lucia Celeste
    Isolde Persephone Snow

My favorite of your established combos is Isolde Olwen Eurydice, but I almost like it better as Isolde Eurydice Olwen, because I think having the "ol" sounds on either end balances things beautifully. I've bolded my favorites from my own suggestions.

So excited!
    Last edited by sleepysessha; September 2nd, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Oh delightful! I'd so love to just throw words out at you one day and you tell me what you see! Over a glass of wine or two or three....

Helyene. Admittedly I have this unnatural aversion to y's in names but this one doesn't bother me. I particularly love Isolde Helyene Synneve, but maybe that's too much Y? Isolde Sunneva Helyene?

My combo making skills are pretty atrocious (I am quite envious of sessha's gift ) but I like Isolde Olwen Eurydice also.

Seren, Winter, and Lucia are also very pretty and I love how they sound with Isolde.

So much fun!
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    There's a Cinderella movie from the 70's, a Check German thing, and Cinderella in this is exactly how I imagine Isolde. But I doubt anyone's seen it... It's Christmas tradition in Norway, and Husband, being half Check, has grown up watching it too.
    Oh Otter dearest. Of course I've seen that version. It plays in Germany on TV around Christmas time each year as well.

Isolde Heleyne Mahonia (I know Mahonia isn't usually used as a name but it's a winter blooming plant and it feels fitting for this combo).
    Isolde Persephone Maeve
    Isolde Elbereth Seren
    Isolde Persephone Winter
    Isolde Clemency Olwen
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor (it's awesome how Noor works everywhere. lol.)
    Isolde Lyonesse Mab (In Dresden Files she's exclusively referred to as the Winter Queen, and while yes Isolde and Lyonesse are a bit funny together theoretically, they sound great together.)
    Isolde Wenhaver Brigid (I can't take credit for Wenhaver - I found it today on @athenalouise83 thread http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...tn-all-berries!. I had to look it up and I feel in instant-love).

PS: I pronounce Isolde ee-SOL-du. I assume you guys are closer to i-SOL-de but with your Norwegian-ness I wasn't sure.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Ach, wrote out this whole long reply and it got deleted... still learning how to use my new laptop...

Heleyne is so regal and medieval and lovely, and beautiful with Isolde! Not a fan of Eurydice or Olwen though. Drawing from your old lists: Isolde Heleyne Atalanta, Isolde Heleyne Melusine or Isolde Heleyne Persephone would be lovely!

Other suggestions (based mostly off your old lists):

Isolde Hespera Belphoebe (still hoping Hespera will show up somewhere, and love Belphoebe!)
    Isolde Hespera Melisande
    Isolde Hespera Nimue
    Isolde Artemisia Olympia
    Isolde Guinevere Snow
    Isolde Juliet Guinevere (mmm, maybe tragic heroine overload, but I love Isolde with Juliet... my combo is Isolde Victoria Juliet but Victoria doesn't really seem like your style...)
    Isolde Melusine Titania
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I'm not very good at this, but here are some suggestions and ones previously mentioned that I like.

Isolde Eira Persephone
    Isolde Gwyneira Celeste
    Isolde Lumi Eurydice
    Isolde Eirwen Heleyne
    Isolde Seren Eurydice
    Isolde Olwen Persephone/Isolde Persephone Olwen
    Isolde Heleyne Celeste
    Isolde Oriana Elbereth/Isolde Oriana Olwen
    Isolde Gwyneira Olwen
    Isolde Eira Olwen
    Last edited by lululemonmee; September 2nd, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Adelaide/Alice/Amelia/Autumn, Beatrice, Caroline/Cecilia/Charlotte/Colette, Eleanor/Eloise/Evelyn, Felicity/Fiona, Gemma/Genevieve, Hazel, Iris/Isla, Josephine/Juliet, Margot/Matilda, Penelope, Seraphina/Simone/Summer, Vivienne, Willow, Zoe

August, Beckett, Carter/Christian/Colton, Dashiell/Declan/Dominic, Emmett/Everett, Felix/Finn, Harrison/Hayes, Jasper/Julian, Landon/Leo/Liam/Lincoln/Luke, Mason/Miles, Oliver, Sebastian/Simon, Theodore/Thomas, Walker/Wesley