Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Here are the combos he liked (surprised at how many he liked, but they're all variations over the same theme, so that might be it):
    Isolde Astrid Heleyne
    Isolde Astrid Synneve
    Isolde Brigid Lothiriel
    Isolde Clara Eurydice
    Isolde Elbereth Seren
    Isolde Elbereth Snow
    Isolde Elbereth Winter
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter
    Isolde Eurydice Astrid
    Isolde Eurydice Heleyne
    Isolde Hermione Snow
    Isolde Khione Heleyne
    Isolde Khione Sonja
    Isolde Lyonesse Mab
    Isolde Persephone Snow
    Isolde Persephone Winter
    Isolde Sunneva Heleyne
    Isolde Veronika Seren

The ones we like in theory but might change a bit:
    Isolde Clemence Sunneva - we think we like Isolde Clemency Synneve more
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor - He thinks Gwyneira's too cute (??).
    Isolde Lumi Elbereth - He says Lumi sounds like something you call your stuffed animals, but apart from that pretty.
    Isolde Lumi Eurydice - Same as above.
    Isolde Natasha Zephyrine . He does not like Zephyrine much, but loves Natasha. So Isolde Natasha Heleyne, Isolde Natasha Synneve, or something else?
    Isolde Verdandi Aurora - We love Isolde and Aurora together, Husband does not like Verdandi in there. Isolde Lothiriel Aurora?
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

My favourites:

Isolde Astrid Heleyne
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter (somehow Euphrosyne doesn't seem nearly so heavy paired with these two)
    Isolde Hermione Snow
    Isolde Lyonesse Mab
    Isolde Persephone Snow (ooh, my favourite!)
    Isolde Persephone Winter
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor
    Isolde Verdandi Aurora (Isolde Verdandi Aurore would be nice, breaks up the endings a bit)
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Aahhh!! I've been waiting for this one <3

Isolde Olwen Thisbe
    Isolde Elbereth Heleyne
    Isolde Eirwen Aurora
    Isolde Brigid Eirlys
    Isolde Morien Clemency
    Isolde Lucia Persephone

Hope I helped a little! Absolutely love Isolde and I hope it's the one you end up choosing!
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Squee! Almost every single name in these combos is a favorite of mine. I knew Isolde would be the most fun to combo for!

Favorites from the Hubby-approved list, in order:
    Isolde Euphrosyne Winter – I am shamelessly biased in Euphrosyne's favor. I can't think of a more perfect name to pair with Isolde!
    Isolde Persephone Snow – There's just something so vivid and fresh and utterly mythical about this pairing. I think it perfectly captures your imagery, smacking of blankets of powdery crunchy snow as far as the eye can see.
    Isolde Persephone Winter – I find Snow to be more evocative, especially with her ties to Snow White
    Isolde Eurydice Astrid – crisp, icy, and strong
    Isolde Elbereth Seren – All the Elbereth combos, really, but this is my fave. I do think that Isolde Seren Elbereth has better flow.

Some comments:
    Isolde Brigid Lothiriel – BRIGG-id or BREE-yid? I'm mad about Lothiriel!
    Isolde Eurydice Heleyne / Isolde Khione Heleyne – If Heleyne is pronounced like Elaine, the back-to-back E sounds are troublesome
    Isolde Hermione Snow – I think Isolde Hermione Winter has better flow
    Isolde Khione Sonja – I think I like the Chione spelling better, it seems less harsh

More comments (this time on the "Up for Tweaking" list):
    Isolde Gwyneira Noor – Too cute?? Clearly Mr. Otter and I have different definitions of the word. It was the same with Tinuviel wasn't it? Impossible man…
    Isolde Lumi Elbereth / Isolde Lumi Eurydice – I think Lumi has all the dreaminess of Nimue, the spunk of Lucy, and the mystery of Luna, PLUS she fits your winter theme perfectly.
    Isolde Lothiriel Aurora – pure magic. I love Lothiriel, she sounds like ethereal, which is my second favorite word ever! (The first being evanescence.)
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Isolde's my winter girl. She's soft new snow, hoarfrost on the trees, ice on the river and pond, killer icicles hanging from, well, everywhere. The glittering shimmering look of gorgeous white snow, the way it looks under starshine. The starry starry skies, the cold clean clear air, the way you need to be outside even though it's way too cold. I love how the world changes when snow comes, how quiet it gets, and how warm the cold feels. The feeling of walking on snow. Snow falling softly outside, wrapped in cosiness by fire and candlelight inside. Snow angels, snow bunnies, snowy owls, wooly little lambs and arctic foxes. Isolde's enchanting, magical, soft and warm, yet fierce and protective, passionate and strong. Maybe a cross bow, some skates and a kicksled, dressed in wool and fur from top to toe. Skiing and skating until toes are frozen and you can't feel them anymore. Cuddles with mummy... hot chocolate with lots of marshmallow by the fire, thick woolen socks, the smell of cinnamon, roses and baking. And candles. Lots and lots of candles.
    There's a Cinderella movie from the 70's, a Check German thing, and Cinderella in this is exactly how I imagine Isolde. But I doubt anyone's seen it... It's Christmas tradition in Norway, and Husband, being half Check, has grown up watching it too.

What I've come up with:
    Isolde Heleyne Synneve
    Isolde Heleyne Eurydice
    Isolde Olwen Eurydice (not taking credit for this one, someone else clever made the pairing of O and E)
    Isolde Heleyne Elbereth

Names on our list for middles:
    Brigid
    Clemency
    Elbereth
    Eurydice
    Heleyne*
    Icicle
    Lucia
    Lyonesse**
    Olwen
    Persephone
    Seren
    Synneve/Sunneva***
    Winter

*Husband admitted he didn't love Elaine and wanted to use Helene or Helena instead. I felt those two removed the name from Elaine of Astolat (and she's the reason I love the name), even though there were (are!) some great Helene and Helena's. So I did some digging and found Heleyne, an old medieval version of Helene, pronounced just like Elaine only with an h at the beginning, and we both love it.
    **Ridiculous as Tristan came from Lyonesse?
    ***Variant of Sunniva. Means sun-gift which is rather perfect for my little babe.

I'm happy to take suggestions as long as they've got a decent history. And combo suggestions are of course very appreciated!

Sights and sounds:
    one - two - three- four - five - six - seven - eight(sound)

Regarding the title, I simply couldn't resist...
    Oh, I hope you go with Isolde!

I love Isolde Olwen Nimue and Isolde Olwen Sunniva!! You don't like Elowen? I think Isolde Elowen Nimue is sweet and Isolde Olwen Winter is too!
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/ Liliana Wren/
    Osias Grey/ /August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn*